Skip the sugary drinks and spice up your drinking habits with Strawberry flavored water – it’s beautiful, refreshing, and made with three natural ingredients. This drink will help you stay hydrated, nourished, and restored throughout the summer.
Perfect for parties, picnics, or just everyday drinking.
Drinking water on a hot summer day is a must. It not only just quenches your thirst, but it also keeps you hydrated, energized, and active throughout the day.
But drinking plain water can be boring for some, and I completely agree.
So, let’s try an exciting twist and regenerate boring water into a refreshing drink by infusing some fresh fruits and herbs.
Sounds interesting, right? It’s fun!
Did you know, this strawberry flavored water is so good for you!
Yes, you heard me, right! It’s healthy as it is packed with a highly nutritious fruit– strawberries and mint leaves. Plus,
- It’s sugar-free,
- Preservatives and artificial flavorings free,
- Low in calories,
- Loaded with nutrients, called antioxidants, vitamins and dietary fibers, and
- Tastes so much better than plain water.
So, move aside sodas and calorie drinks, make way for this light and refreshing strawberry-flavored water.
What makes up this Strawberry flavored water?
Infused water is a perfect drink for people who enjoy fruit-flavored water, and this drink has few of my favorite flavor combinations like –
» Strawberries – always use fresh ripe fruit. Avoid overripe, mushy strawberries as they will spoil your water.
» Mint Leaves – it’s crisp and fresh taste infuses tons of flavor.
» Water – yes, of course. Water the foundation of this drink.
» Ice – add ice after the drink has been chilled for 6-8 hours in the refrigerator.
How to make Strawberry flavored water?
1. Rinse strawberries thoroughly under cold running water.
2. Remove the hull and discard it.
3. Slice strawberries into quarters. Combine berries and fresh mint sprigs in a pitcher. Fill the pitcher with water.
4. Using a spoon, muddle the strawberries a little to release the juices.
5. Cover the pitcher with a lid and chill it in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
6. The following day, remove the pitcher from the fridge. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Tips to make a perfect Strawberry flavored water!
» Wash your fruit thoroughly under tap water to get rid of all the dirt and impurities.
» For intense flavor, always use ripe strawberries for fruit-infused water. Gone off fruit will spoil your drink.
» Load your drink with strawberries – the more the fruit, the better the flavor. strawberry flavored water
» Roughly bruise or tear the whole stems of mint and add it to the water. Bruised herb will release more flavor.
» With a spoon muddle the strawberries a little to release the juices. If you choose not to mix the fruit in the water, it might not infuse your water with berry flavor.
» For the best result and fruity flavor, chill the infused water in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight. The longer you chill, the stronger the infusion.
» After the strawberry flavored water is chilled, it will infuse your water with a slight pink color. By this time, the strawberries would have become mushy, so strain the fruit from the water.
» A quick note – since no sugar is added – this strawberry favored water will not be sweet at all. It will have a mild, fruity flavor of the strawberries.
How long does flavored water last?
It depends on a lot of factors. strawberry flavored water
1. Type of fruits – Fruits like strawberries, blackberries, raspberries go off faster than oranges, cucumber, lemons, and kiwis.
2. Weather – In hot and humid weather, the fruit will get mushy pretty quickly. strawberry flavored water
3. How ripe the fruit is – Very ripe fruit will last less than a day compared to the fruits that are not ripe. Though I always recommend consuming infused water within a day for the best flavor and health benefits.
You can experiment this infused water recipe with almost any vegetable, fruit, or herb you like. Some other delicious options are –
- Cucumber + lemon – refreshing cool detox water.
- Watermelon + basil – refreshing!
- Cucumber + Mint – refreshing and minty.
- Mango + lime + ginger – warm Asian flavor.
- Peach + watermelon + Mint – fresh, hydrating, and satisfying.
- Strawberry + lemon – flavors pretty close to lemonade.
- Citrus berry + thyme – a beautiful summer drink where sweet-tart berries and a strong flavor from thyme complement each other.
- Strawberry + Orange + Basil – deliciously refreshing and citrusy.
- Pineapple + mint leaves – we have some tropical meddled in this drink.
- Peaches + blueberries + Lemon – a perfect summer fruit treat that is always a winner.
- Oranges + blackberries + Mint – acidic but so tasty.
- Kiwi + Lemon + Strawberry – a delicious drink with unique taste.
- Grapefruit + Mint + lime – a sweet-tart drink that is healthy, refreshing, and so delicious.
If you have never tried infused water, I would suggest giving it a try and you won’t be disappointed! strawberry flavored water
Let me know in the comments when you make it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
CRAVING FOR MORE, TRY MY OTHER SUMMER BEVERAGES –
Strawberry Flavored Water
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries
- 6 cups Water
- 2 sprigs of Mint leaves
- 2 cups Ice cubes
- Rinse strawberries thoroughly under cold running water.
- Remove the hull and discard it.
- Slice strawberries into quarters. Combine berries and fresh mint sprigs in a pitcher. Fill the pitcher with water.
- Using a spoon, muddle the strawberries a little to release the juices.
- Cover the pitcher with a lid and chill it in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- The following day, remove the pitcher from the fridge.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!