What a healthy way to cool yourself in the scorching summer heat. Introducing Strawberry Flavored Water – all natural and REFRESHING!! Something you can enjoy all day long without any guilt and compromising your health. Summer means an abundance of colorful and juicy fruits – rich and wealthy Mother Earth’s produce. This drink is PERFECT FOR PICNIC PARTIES 🙂
Only 1 ingredient recipe – just a fresh fruit cut into halves and tossed with ice cubes and may be water. Voila! you are ready..oops, forgot to mention it needs to sit in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hours so that the fruit you are using can infuse its flavor in the water. 🙂
Love blueberries, lemons, oranges, watermelons, tangerines – add fruit of your liking to ice and water – let it sit till all the flavors are infused in water and enjoy all day long!! If using oranges or blueberries – poke tiny holes in the fruit for the juices to leave their flavor in the water. Well nothing extra needs to be added to this recipe but if you like it a little sweet – add 1-2 tablespoon honey to the flavored water.
After 2-3 hours water color will change and it will have a mild color of the fruit you are using. In my case I had a mild pink color from the strawberries which my kids loved! I prefer to strain the water because after sitting for 2-3 hours, tiny particles from the strawberries start floating in the water which is not too eye pleasing for my kids… It’s a big thumbs down if they discover something floating in their water. 🙁
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Strawberry Flavored Water
- 30-40 pieces of Fresh Strawberries
- 3-4 cups Ice cubes
- A handful of Fresh Mint leaves
- Clean and wash strawberries.
- Remove the top and cut them in halves.
- Fill a jug/pitcher half filled with water and half with ice cubes.
- Drop cubed strawberries and fresh mint leaves in there.
- Or if you prefer fill the pitcher full of ice cubes leaving out water. Set it aside for 2 hours in the refrigerator..
- You can serve them with ice and water and few strawberries in there....
- Or all ice and strawberries...
- Or just water and strawberries..
- After 2-3 hours water will have a strong flavor and a mild color of strawberries. ENJOY!!
- Like oranges - make small holes in each slice and drop them in water making orange flavored water...
- Like lemons - cut them in slices and drop them in water making lemon flavored water...
- Like blueberries -poke tiny holes and drop them in water and enjoy blueberry flavored water!!