Tis the season to satisfy your sweet cravings – time for cakes and sweet treats like – eggless cupcakes, eggless red velvet cupcakes, butterscotch cupcakes or eggless crumble cake. After trying my hands on pineapple upside down cake, I have been wanting to make a eggless pineapple pastry for quite some time. So here I am sharing my delicious recipe with you today! Pineapple pastries are easy to make and tastes divine.
RECIPE DETAIL – Ingredient list is divided in 3 parts- dry ingredients, wet ingredients 1 and 2. After sifting dry ingredients, set it aside. Proceed with the next step- mixing of wet ingredients 2. Finally prepare wet ingredients 1 and combine all of them together.
For this recipe, I have baked two cake sheets. Cake sheets are thinner than standard cakes, but if you prefer a thick sheet than bake the same recipe in a square/loaf cake pan. Instead of tofu unsweetened applesauce can be used.
Before we begin frosting, make sure the cake has cooled down completely. Feel free to chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This pastry/cake needs a lot of frosting, so follow this recipe to your very own homemade whipped cream – you can also use store bought whipped cream. Unlike the buttercream topping, whipped cream topping is extremely light and fluffy – the frosting process may take time.
Poke holes in cake sheets and pour pineapple juice over it – do not pour too much. Layer the cake sheet with cream – pineapple mixture and place the other sheet on top. Finish the cake/pastry with lots of cream-pineapple mixture. Decorate as you please, top with pineapple chunks, cherries and edible cake decorations.
P.S. THIS RECIPE MAKES 1 SHEET CAKE,IF YOU PLAN TO MAKE 2 SHEET CAKES LIKE ME DOUBLE THE RECIPE.
Cut into slices and enjoy a slice of sweet and yummy pineapple pastry!! Incredibly delicious and sinfully divine!!
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Eggless Pineapple Pastry recipe
- 2.5 cup Cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Salt
WET INGREDIENTS - 1
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Superfine Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Pineapple essence
WET INGREDIENTS - 2
- 1/2 cup Silken Tofu (replace with unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 cups Homemade Whipped cream
- 15-20 pieces of Pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pineapple
- 10 -12 pieces of Cherries to decorate
- 1/2 cup Canned or fresh pineapple Juice (to pour of the cake sheets)
BAKING CAKE SHEETS
- Assemble dry ingredients.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and set it aside.
- Assemble wet ingredients. Drain the liquid from the canned fruits and set them aside. Save the liquid of pineapple chunks - use that syrup to moisten the cake.
- Tofu and curd.
- Crumble tofu and combine it with curd.
- Mix them together until well blended. Set it aside.
- Add butter and sugar to a bowl. Adjust sugar according to taste. I have added 3/4 cup of sugar to my batter because the overall recipe uses extra sugar in the form of pineapple syrup and icing.
- Cream them together. Preheat oven @350 degree F.
- Mix in pineapple essence, vinegar and milk.
- Add sifted dry ingredients..
- Pour in tofu and curd mixture.
- Cake sheet batter is ready.
- Spray a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture in the tray and ..
- Spread it around.
- Transfer it to the preheated oven..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Since its a sheet cake, it will be moist and soft but not too fluffy.
- Remove from oven and..
- Let the cake sheets cool completely. The above mentioned ingredients bake just 1 cake sheet for another layer of cake - double the ingredients.
- Follow the above mentioned link to prepare homemade whipping cream. Instead of vanilla essence add pineapple essence to the frosting. Divide the cream in 2 parts. To one part add crushed pineapple pieces and leave the remaining cream as is to top the cake.
- Poke holes in cake sheet.
- Pour pineapple juice over the cake sheets.
- Generously apply cream mixed with pineapple chunks over the sheet.
- Spread it around.
- Feel free to add some more pineapple chunks.
- Place the other layer over the top. Poke holes and pour pineapple juice over it.
- Generously apply cream mixed with pineapple chunks over the to cake sheet.
- Spread it around and smooth-en the top and sides.
- Fill a pastry bag and decorate the cake.
- Top it with some pineapple chunks and..
- Red cherries and edible cake decorations.
- Cut a slice and enjoy!!