Nothing beats the fresh and enticing flavors of a homemade freshly-baked Pesto Focaccia bread.
This made-from-scratch focaccia Bread is super easy to make, is loaded with the freshness of homemade pesto, and baked until beautifully browned.
The best part, this recipe can easily be customized to suit the taste and needs of your friends and family.
Calling all bread-lovers! If you’re looking for a soft, airy, and flavorful bread, then look no further than this delicious Pesto focaccia bread!
This no-knead pesto focaccia Bread is incredibly easy to make and has a slightly crispy outer crust, and is perfectly soft on the inside. Pesto Focaccia Bread
Some people may still be intimidated with the thought of making homemade bread, but don’t worry – there’s nothing scary about bread-making.
Today, I invite you to bake this bread with me.
So, what makes up this Pesto Focaccia Bread
This recipe is made with no unpronounced ingredients, but instead has wholesome and straightforward ingredients that are actually good for you. You will need some basics like –
- All-purpose flour + Milk powder – forms the base for this recipe. Milk powder in bread creates a softer loaf as milkfat helps tenderize the gluten.
- Rapid rise yeast – use a fresh packet of yeast for best results
- Salt – for flavor
- Olive oil – please do not skip the olive oil. It’s the heart of focaccia bread.
- Lukewarm water – use lukewarm water (105 degrees F) because if the water is too hot, the yeast will be killed, and likewise, if the water is cold, the yeast will not activate.
This focaccia bread is infused with-
The most delicious parsley-walnut pesto. To maintain that fresh taste and flavor, I have used homemade parsley pesto.
The nutty flavor of pesto complimented the soft and smooth texture of the bread so well and took it to a whole new level.
This bread will enchant anyone who eats even a little crumb of this bread.
How to make Pesto Focaccia bread
Coat an 8″x 8″ baking pan with oil.
1. Combine all-purpose flour, milk powder, rapid rise yeast , salt, olive oil, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour lukewarm water into the dry ingredients and knead a soft, pliable dough.
PROTIP – If the dough is sticky, add in an extra 1 tablespoon flour and knead until it comes together like a smooth dough.
3. Spread the focaccia dough into the greased pan. Cover the bowl with a damp towel.
4. Place the focaccia dough in a warm place and let it rise for 30-35 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven @350 degree F. Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to poke deep indents all over the dough.
6. Evenly brush pesto all over the top surface of the dough.
7. Bake in a preheated oven (@350 degree F) for 18-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Once done, remove from the oven.
8. Allow it to sit on the counter for 3-4 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil, slice, and serve warm.
Cooking tips to make the best Pesto focaccia bread
» While making pesto, toast the walnuts. Toasting the nuts deepens their flavor, and you will have a more pronounced nutty flavor in your pesto.
» Feel free to swap parsley-walnut pesto with any other pesto you have on hand.
» Olive oil is an essential element for this focaccia bread. It’s added almost at every step. So, do not exchange it for anything else.
» Have no instant yeast on hand? No worries, use active dry yeast. But unlike instant yeast, active dry yeast cannot be added directly to the dough. It needs to be proofed/activated. Activating dry yeast is simple – please follow this link for more details.
NOW, FOR SOME FAQ’S
» How to store pesto bread? Leftovers make a perfect bread for any meal of the day. This pesto focaccia bread is free from preservatives, so it will only last 2-3 days at room temperature. After that, it needs to be refrigerated.
Store the completely cooled focaccia bread in a plastic bag. This no-knead pesto focaccia bread will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
» Can you freeze this focaccia pesto bread? Absolutely!
The baked and completely cooled pesto bread can be store in the freezer for up to a month.
Wrap it in a plastic bag followed by a foil and store away. When ready to serve, defrost the bread at room temperature. Reheat in the oven, at 375 degrees F for 6-7 minutes until warmed through. Serve and enjoy!
This bread makes a great sandwich too.
This focaccia bread will become a family favorite in no time and can be enjoyed with a bowl of hot soup.
My family loved this bread, and they devoured it down, ﬁnishing an entire plate in a few minutes.
Let me know in the comments if you try this Paan Panna Cotta recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
CRAVING FOR MORE YUMMY RECIPES, TRY THESE-
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON APRIL 19th, 2018. UPDATED AND POSTED THE RECIPE AGAIN ON MARCH 11th, 2020 WITH BETTER PICTURES AND TIPS!
Pesto Focaccia Bread
FOR THE BASE – BREAD
PARSLEY PESTO – MAKES 1 CUP ( combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth)
- 3 cups Fresh Parsley
- ¾ cup Oil
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ⅔ cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grounded Black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- – – Salt to taste
- Coat an 8″x 8″ baking pan with oil.
- Combine all-purpose flour, milk powder, rapid rise yeast, salt, olive oil, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Pour lukewarm water into the dry ingredients and knead a soft, pliable dough.PROTIP – If the dough is sticky, add in an extra 1 tablespoon flour and knead until it comes together like a smooth dough.
- Spread the focaccia dough into the greased pan. Cover the bowl with a damp towel.
- Place the focaccia dough in a warm place and let it rise for 30-35 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven @350 degree F. Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to poke deep indents all over the dough.
- Evenly brush pesto all over the top surface of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven (@350 degree F) for 18-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Once done, remove from the oven.
- Allow it to sit on the counter for 3-4 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil, slice, and serve warm.