Stay warm this winter with this simple yet scrumptious Instant Pot Chicken Lasagna Soup. This one-pot Lasagna soup tastes exactly like the classic lasagna casserole, minus all the extra work.
It’s the perfect addition to your dinner table that will impress even the pickiest of eaters! In addition to that, this delicious and hearty meal comes together in less than an hour and is gluten-free!
Do you love Lasagna?
Then, you will enjoy this Instant Pot Chicken Lasagna Soup. This soup is an Instant Pot version of your favorite meal that requires no layering or baking in the oven.
In fact, its the uncomplicated way to enjoy lasagna. Simply cook and dump all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, and a bowl of amazingly delicious soup is ready in no time.
Does this chicken lasagna soup in Instant Pot delivers the same flavor?
Absolutely! This hearty and comforting chicken lasagna soup is made up of similar ingredients: soft and tender pieces of lasagna soaked up in a delicious tomato-cheese base sauce that delivers the same great taste and flavors that you love in a traditional lasagna; but as a soup, in a bowl.
This soup is a huge hit every time I make it.
Ingredients required to make Instant Pot Chicken Lasagna Soup!
- Onion + Garlic: for flavor.
- Crushed Tomatoes + Diced Tomatoes: When combined together, these two different kinds of tomatoes creates the best tomato-based sauce. Crushed tomatoes add a chunky texture, while crushed tomatoes thicken the sauce and lend a depth of flavor.
- Chicken Broth: This nutrient-dense broth is the base for this soup. It’s highly nourishing and adds a rich flavor. No chicken broth on hand, use water. The vegetable broth will work great too.
- Minced Chicken: is the key ingredient. It adds lean protein to this soup.
- Pasta: I have used Gluten-free lasagna noodles for this recipe. Don’t have a liking for gluten-free lasagna; feel free to use regular or whole grain noodles. The best part about this recipe: lasagna noodles get cooked in the soup. No separate cooking required.
- Seasonings: This flavorful soup is seasoned with Italian seasoning. That includes aromatic herbs like oregano, parsley, dried basil, sage, rosemary, pepper, and thyme. For extra heat, I have added crushed chili flakes. But you can always cut back on on the chili.
- Topping: Top your comforting bowl of lasagna soup with freshly shredded parmesan, mozzarella, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh basil. To make it look more cheesy: feel free to stir in the shredded cheeses in the hot soup so that it melts and the soup is all gooey and cheesy. Always use shredded cheese, grated cheese won’t melt well.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Lasagna Soup?
Making this white chicken lasagna soup in the Instant Pot is so much easier and quicker than the cooktop.
1. Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE mode. When the display reads ‘Hot,’ add the minced chicken. Stir occasionally.
2. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until you can’t see any pink in the chicken.
3. Add the onion, garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, until the onions turn translucent.
4. Next add the diced tomatoes, followed by crushed tomatoes. Mix to combine.
5. Make sure, to scrape the browned bits on the bottom of the insert to prevent a burn warning.
6. Stir in the spices. Mix to combine.
7. Pour in the chicken broth.
8. Stir in the lasagna noodles. Gently mix the noodles. Turn the Instant pot ‘Off.’
9. Secure the lid and seal the pot. Press the Manual (pressure cook) button and cook the soup on High Pressure for 5 minutes with the pressure valve in sealing position. It will take about 10-15 minutes for the pressure to build. After that, the countdown timer will start.
10. Once the cooking time has elapsed, turn off the pressure cooker. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick pressure release.
11. When the pin drops, carefully open the lid and gently stir everything together.
12. Adjust the seasonings, if needed. I prefer a thick soup but feel free to adjust the soup to the consistency you enjoy.
13. Topping: In a separate bowl, combine the shredded parmesan, mozzarella, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set it aside.
14. Ladle the hot white chicken lasagna soup into a big bowl, sprinkle with some topping? , add some fresh basil leaves and devour! Serve immediately. If allowed to sit for long, the lasagna noodles will absorb all the delicious soup.
On a chilly day, a big bowl full of Instant Pot lasagna soup will warm you up inside out.
Faq’s related to one pot white chicken lasagna soup!
There are many different ways to customize this soup, and here’s how?
What other pasta can I use for chicken lasagna soup?
This soup tastes best with gluten-free lasagna noodles but can be easily modified to your liking. Sub lasagna noodles with any kind of pasta, some other options include:
- Tortellini, to name a few.
Can I use store- bought marinara sauce
Of course, you can! Use the thick chunky kind of marinara sauce.
Can I make one pot chicken lasagna soup on a cooktop?
Absolutely! Making this lasagna soup on the cooktop is relatively simple too.
For the cooktop method, steps remain the same until the noodles are added. Once the noodles go in the sauce, cover the pan and allow it to simmer on a medium-low flame for additional 20-25 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your liking. Serve immediately. Allowing the lasagna noodles to sit for long will soak up all the delicious soup. Whichever way you choose to cook this soup, the flavors are phenomenal.
Substitute for chicken!
Vegetarians can swap the chicken for lentils, chickpeas, tofu, sweet potato, pumpkin, fresh mushrooms or grilled vegetables. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Instant Pot Chicken Lasagna Soup makes great leftovers!
This recipe makes 6 servings. But if you have leftovers, it tastes even better the second day for lunch. Store the leftover soup in the refrigerator. It stays good for 2-3 days in the fridge.
The leftover soup will become thick, more like a stew. Why? Because the lasagna noodles have absorbed most of the liquid. To thin out the soup, simply add a few tablespoons of water and warm in the microwave. Top it with cheese and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
Craving for, try these other options!
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot White Bean soup
- Instant pot 3 cheese spinach Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Butternut squash and quinoa stew
Instant Pot Chicken Lasagna Soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chicken, minced
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic minced
- 15 oz Petite diced tomatoes
- 16 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1½ teaspoons Crushed red chili flakes
- 2¼ teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- – – Salt to Taste
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 6 sheets of Gluten-Free Lasagna Noodles broken into half
- – – Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- – – Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- – – Fresh Basil Leaves
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE mode. When the display reads ‘Hot,’ add the minced chicken. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until you can’t see any pink in the chicken.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, until the onions turn translucent.
- Next add the diced tomatoes, followed by crushed tomatoes. Mix to combine. Make sure, to scrape the browned bits on the bottom of the insert to prevent a burn warning.
- Stir in the spices. Mix to combine. Pour in the chicken broth.
- Stir in the lasagna noodles. Gently mix the noodles. Turn the Instant pot ‘Off.’
- Secure the lid and seal the pot. Press the Manual (pressure cook) button and cook the soup on High Pressure for 5 minutes with the pressure valve in sealing position. It will take about 10-15 minutes for the pressure to build. After that, the countdown timer will start.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, turn off the pressure cooker. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick pressure release.
- When the pin drops, carefully open the lid and gently stir everything together.
- Adjust the seasonings, if needed. I prefer a thick soup but feel free to adjust the soup to the consistency you enjoy.
- Topping: In a separate bowl combine the shredded parmesan, mozzarella, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set it aside.
- Ladle the hot soup into a big bowl, sprinkle with some topping👆 , add some fresh basil leaves and devour! Serve immediately. If allowed to sit for long, the lasagna noodles will absorb all the delicious soup.
- To read all about the health benefits and Faq's related to this recipe, please see the main post above. 👆
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 829mg | Potassium: 743mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 582IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3mg