Pamper yourself this winter with a satiating, nourishing and rustic Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup that makes for an effortless weeknight meal.
It’s the best comfort food that is prepared using fresh ingredients and tastes amazing.
We’re well into the winters, and I don’t think I need to come up with any excuse to prepare a bowl of piping hot soup for dinner.
Winter is officially THE soup season and the perfect time of the year to curl up on the couch with a blanket and slurp on a steamy bowl of soup!
Therefore, to beat the winter blues, my yesterday dinner was a flavor-packed Instant pot White bean soup.
This soup prepared with humble ingredients like white beans, carrots, and seasoned with spices will nourish, comfort and warm you to your bones! So what’s not to love?
Cooking up this soup in the Instant Pot makes it an easy fix for dinner.
Once you make this soup, you will want to make it more often- week after week because it’s incredibly flavorful and hard to resist.
What makes this Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup outstanding?
It’s the simplicity and choice of ingredients that add up to the overall flavors of this soup.
Trust me, sometimes the simplest of ingredients creates the most wholesome yet delicious meal. And this soup is no exception!
The key ingredient that lends this soup a creamy and smooth taste is Cannellini beans. Amongst all the white beans, Cannellini is my favorite.
In comparison to the Great Northern beans and Navy beans, Cannellini beans are light, buttery and have a velvety texture.
Cannellini beans along with carrots, salsa, and seasonings produce a nutritious soup full of delicate flavors and fresh taste.
Whether you pair it with a green salad, sandwich or pasta- this soup makes a fantastic pair with any meal.
Health Benefits of this soup!
Beans are a superfood, and that’s the reason I choose Cannellini beans because they are:
- High in protein and fiber content. Beans will keep you full, energized and satisfied for a very long time without overloading your meal with calories.
- They are incredibly healthy and contain multiple nutrients that can help to lower your cholesterol.
- Moreover, these beans are packed with calcium, B vitamins, iron, and potassium.
How to make this Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup?
The best thing I love about this recipe is that it is super easy to make and requires 12 very basic ingredients which are usually available in your pantry.
1. Start by, rinsing the beans well under tap water for a couple of minutes and set them aside.
2. Heat oil in the Instant Pot.
3. Add onion and garlic to it and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Chop the carrots and toss them to the Pot. Add the cannellini beans, seasonings, and salsa. Pour in the water/vegetable stock and deglaze the pot.
5. Seal the Instant Pot and cook for 1 hour. It will take about 20 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure, and then the timer will start.
PRO TIP – Dried cannellini beans cook up very nicely in an hour. But, if the beans are old, they will take much longer to cook.
Cooking beans involve a lot of variables – the size of the beans, how old the beans are, and how hard is the water at your place? Therefore, buy the beans that you plan to cook within the next six months.
6. Let the pressure to release naturally. It will take about 20 minutes.
7. Leave it as is. The soup will thicken as it cools.
9. Adjust the seasonings and add more salsa if you like. Salsa provides this soup some real punch of flavor.
PRO TIP: If the beans aren’t cooked as you like, then reseal the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 more minutes.
You will love this Creamy White Bean Spinach Soup because it’s :
- Incredibly flavorful,
- Packed with earthy flavors, and
- Amazingly delicious!
It’s the perfect soul-warming soup that will surely hit all the right spots on any chilly day. A recipe worth repeating and trying!
How to make Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup in a Slow Cooker?
To make this recipe in a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients in the pot of the slow cooker.
Cover the lid and set the timer. Cook the soup on the lowest setting for 6-8 hours. After the desired time, adjust the seasonings and serve hot.
How to make Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup on the Cooktop?
To cook on the stovetop, cook the first four steps the same way in a regular pressure cooker. Seal the cooker and pressure cook the beans for six or eight whistles or until the beans are tender.
Adjust the seasonings and serve hot. Simmer gently for a thick soup.
How to Freeze Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup Soup?
This recipe makes four servings, but leftovers can be frozen. You can easily double up on the recipe and make a large batch over the weekend and freeze.
It freezes well for three months. Simply store the leftovers in individual portions and freeze. Thaw the soup in the fridge overnight, reheat and enjoy!
This soup makes an ideal work lunch option too!
How to serve this Instant Pot White Bean Soup?
Soft french bread or baguette brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with a dash of black pepper makes a great accompaniment. Simple yet full of flavors!
Make this soup a staple recipe this winter. I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Instant Pot Roasted Bell Pepper and Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Quinoa Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Lentil Soup
Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (cubed)
- 1½ teaspoon Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (cubed)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1½ cups Dried Cannellini Beans or white kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- – – Salt to Taste
- ¾ teaspoon Paprika (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Mild Salsa
- 4 cups Water (or Vegetable Stock)
- – – Chopped Scallion
- – – Cumin Seeds
- First, rinse the beans well under tap water for a couple of minutes. Set it aside. Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots into the Instant Pot.
- Add the rinsed beans, tomatoes, seasonings and salsa into the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the water/vegetable stock and deglaze the pot. Cancel the Saute mode.
- Seal the Instant Pot. Press PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL. Set the timer to 1 hour. It will take about 20 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure, and then the timer will start.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally (it will take 20 minutes) and when the pin drops, open the lid. Check beans for doneness. They should be soft and tender. For a creamier soup, spoon out some beans in a bowl. Gently mash the beans. Return the mashed beans back to the Instant Pot and allow the soup to simmer for a couple of minutes. The starch from the mashed beans will thicken the soup and make it so creamy and hearty that everyone will just love it!
- Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions and cumin seeds.
Should I soak the beans? This is a no-soak beans recipe; therefore, it is not required. But if you prefer, you can soak the beans for 2-3 hours in hot tap water. Discard the soaked beans water and rinse the beans again. Soaking will reduce the cook time by 20 minutes in the Instant Pot. Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup Variations! This soup is a highly adaptable recipe that can be customized to your liking! You can do many variations of this soup. Some tested and tried options are:
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 1122mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4055IU | Vitamin C: 8.5mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 6mg