Pamper yourself this winter with a satiating, nourishing and rustic Instant Pot White Bean Soup that makes for an effortless weeknight meal. It’s the best comfort food that is prepared using fresh ingredients and tastes amazing.
We’re well into the winters, and I don’t think I need to come up with any excuse to prepare a bowl of piping hot soup for dinner. Winter is officially THE soup season and the perfect time of the year to curl up on the couch with a blanket and slurp on a steamy bowl of soup!
Therefore, to beat the winter blues, my yesterday dinner was a flavor-packed Instant pot White bean soup. This soup prepared with humble ingredients like white beans, carrots, and seasoned with spices will nourish, comfort and warm you to your bones! So what’s not to love?
Cooking up this soup in the Instant Pot makes it an easy fix for dinner. Once you make this soup, you will want to make it more often- week after week because it’s incredibly flavorful and hard to resist.
What makes this Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup outstanding?
It’s the simplicity and choice of ingredients that add up to the overall flavors of this soup. Trust me, sometimes the simplest of ingredients creates the most wholesome yet delicious meal. And this soup is no exception! The key ingredient that lends this soup a creamy and smooth taste is Cannellini beans. Amongst all the white beans, Cannellini is my favorite.
In comparison to the Great Northern beans and Navy beans, Cannellini beans are light, buttery and have a velvety texture. Cannellini beans along with carrots, salsa, and seasonings produce a nutritious soup full of delicate flavors and fresh taste. Whether you pair it with a green salad, sandwich or pasta- this soup makes a fantastic pair with any meal.
Health Benefits of this soup!
Beans are a super food, and that’s the reason I choose Cannellini beans because they are:
- High in protein and fiber content. Beans will keep you full, energized and satisfied for a very long time without overloading your meal with calories.
- They are incredibly healthy and contain multiple nutrients that can help to lower your cholesterol.
- Moreover, these beans are packed with calcium, B vitamins, iron, and potassium.
How to make this Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup?
The best thing I love about this recipe is that it is super easy to make and requires 12 very basic ingredients which are usually available in your pantry. First, rinse the beans well under tap water for a couple of minutes and set them aside.
Heat oil in the Instant Pot. Add onion and garlic to it and saute for 2-3 minutes. Chop the carrots and toss them to the Pot. Add the cannellini beans, seasonings, salsa, and water/vegetable stock to the Instant Pot. Seal the Instant Pot and cook for 45 minutes. Dried cannellini beans cook up very nicely in 45 minutes. When the pin drops, open the Instant Pot. There will be very less liquid in the soup. Leave it as is. The soup will thicken as it cools. Adjust the seasonings and add more salsa if you like. Salsa provides this soup some real punch of flavor.
You will love this Creamy White Bean Spinach Soup because it’s :
- Incredibly flavorful,
- Packed with earthy flavors, and
- Amazingly delicious!
It’s the perfect soul-warming soup that will surely hit all the right spots on any chilly day. A recipe worth repeating and trying!
How to make Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup in a Slow Cooker?
To make this recipe in a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients in the pot of the slow cooker. Cover the lid and set the timer. Cook the soup on the lowest setting for 6-8 hours. After the desired time, adjust the seasonings and serve hot.
How to make Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup on the Cooktop?
To cook on the stove top, cook the first four steps the same way in a regular pressure cooker. Seal the cooker and pressure cook the beans for six or eight whistles or until the beans are tender. Adjust the seasonings and serve hot. Simmer gently for a thick soup.
How to Freeze Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup Soup?
This recipe makes four servings, but leftovers can be frozen. You can easily double up on the recipe and make a large batch over the weekend and freeze. It freezes well for three months. Simply store the leftovers in individual portions and freeze. Thaw the soup in the fridge overnight, reheat and enjoy! This soup makes an ideal work lunch option too!
How to serve this Instant Pot White Bean Soup?
This homemade Instant Pot White Bean Soup can be enjoyed with some crusty bread and a fresh green salad on the side. Soft french bread or baguette brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with a dash of black pepper makes a great accompaniment. Simple yet full of flavors!
Make this soup a staple recipe this winter. I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email, and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Watch the Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup Video Below!
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Instant Pot Roasted Bell Pepper and Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Quinoa Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Lentil Soup
Thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Instant Pot Vegan White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (cubed)
- 1.5 teaspoon Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (cubed)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1.5 cups Dried Cannellini Beans or white kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1.5 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- - - Salt to Taste
- 3/4 teaspoon Paprika (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Mild Salsa
- 4 cups Water (or Vegetable Stock)
- - - Chopped Scallion
- - - Cumin Seeds
- First, rinse the beans well under tap water for a couple of minutes. Set it aside. Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots into the Instant Pot.
- Add the rinsed beans, tomatoes, seasonings and salsa into the Instant Pot.
- Pour in water or vegetable stock. Cancel the Saute mode.
- Cover the lid and press PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL. Set the timer to 45 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally and when the pin drops, open the lid. Check beans for doneness. They should be soft and tender. For a creamier soup, spoon out some beans in a bowl. Gently mash the beans. Return the mashed beans back to the Instant Pot and allow the soup to simmer for a couple of minutes. The starch from the mashed beans will thicken the soup and make it so creamy and hearty that everyone will just love it!
- Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions and cumin seeds.
- Cannellini beans can be swapped with Navy beans or Great Northern Beans. In comparison to cannellini beans, Navy beans cook quickly. Therefore, the cooking time will vary.
- Instead of dried Cannellini beans, canned beans can be used to save some time. For canned beans – pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes and let the pressure release naturally.
- Please use vegetable stock in this recipe. I have tried it with vegetable stock and trust me; it makes a huge difference. It adds depth of flavor to this soup.
- To keep it simple, I have just added carrots and tomatoes to this soup but feel free to experiment with any other vegetable that you prefer
- I suggest that you cut carrots in thick rounds. With this cut, carrots can withstand the longer cooking time without getting mushy. I love the texture of carrots in this soup. They are soft but still have a slight crunch to them.
- If you are not planning to make it vegan, then a drizzle of cream just before serving will make it even creamier.