Everyday coffee cake that can be enjoyed at any time of the day! Easy to make and prepared with always available -on-hand pantry ingredients. Eggless Crumble Cake, a simple and tender cake with toppings of cinnamon,walnuts and brown sugar – super moist, and totally addicting recipe! Cinnamon on top adds a nice touch and makes the cake all the more flavorful.
I have used a combo of sour cream and curd in this recipe which makes it so moist that it will just melt in your mouth. Butter used in crumble topping should be soft not melted, it melts during the baking process and forms a crunchier topping. I have made this cake several times and every time the results were perfect!! Curd in the recipe can be substituted with 1 egg, just whisk the egg until frothy and add to the beaten sugar – butter mix.
A delicious cake recipe that doesn’t sit in its pan for very long – it just vanishes! A dear friend of mine love this cake but she never got to taste the whole piece, all she tasted was the leftover crumbs. But this time I am making sure that I save her a big chunk 🙂 . Always a hit in my house and if saved, it tastes delicious the next day. The above photographed cake disappeared in less than 24 hours and I am up for another batch. My kids love the topping and this time I am going to double my crumble topping for a thick crumbly and crunchier crust.
Eggless Crumble Cake
- 1-1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Soften Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Curd (or 1 egg)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Assemble all the dry ingredients - top 3 ingredients.
- And the wet ingredients.
- Before we begin with cake let's prepare the crumble topping.
- In a bowl add butter, using a fork mash butter, add brown sugar, flour...
- Chopped Walnuts...
- Mix and mix well till everything is well blended.
- The topping will look like this- crumbly... Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set it aside. Preheat oven @ 350 degree F.
- Since the butter I am using was not soften, I will grate it into thin strands and it will become soft in minutes...
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar together until well blended.
- Add sour cream, curd and keep mixing..
- Add Vanilla essence and keep mixing. Using a spoon add flour mixture spoon by spoon until well blended. Finally add milk and whisk it well.
- Using a spatula scrape the walls of the bowl and bring together all the batter.
- Batter should be of a thick dropping consistency.
- Grease a cake pan, pour batter in the pan. Drop the baking pan on the counter couple of times to release all the trapped air in the batter.
- Finish it off by sprinkling crumble topping on top. Spread the topping in a single layer and make sure the crumble pieces are small or else it will make the crumble sink into the cake.
- Finished cake ready for baking..
- Bake in preheat oven for 30-35 minutes. For me it was 34 minutes.
- Perfectly baked cake. The topping does sink into the batter just a bit.
- Cut a warm slice and enjoy!!
- A great coffee cake that can be enjoyed at any time of the day!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.