If you are searching for something healthy and tasty for your weekend brunch or an evening snack, this super indulgent and lip-smacking Cheesy Corn Masala Toast is your ‘go-to recipe.’ Crispy crust, soft toppings, crunchy corn, and loads of cheese……now that’s yumminess to eternity!! It is a dream-come-true recipe for an amateur cook too.
Moreover, this delicious recipe is a knockout appetizer at any party or weekend gathering.
What is Cheesy Corn Masala Toast
Lusciously prepared with bread slices, generously topped with veggies, loaded with cheese, and seasoned with choicest spices……. well, this is what makes our irresistibly delicious Cheesy Corn Masala Toast!
The divine combination of bell pepper and cheese, along with the crunchy corn and a perfect mix of flavorsome spices, take the recipe to another level. What’s more?
Well, this recipe is versatile too. You can add extra nutrition by tossing in more veggies of your choice.
Finally, serve it with your favorite sauce, chutney, or a dip, and let the accolades flow.
Reasons You’ll ♡ Cheesy Corn Masala Toast
There is everything to like about this gratifying toast recipe —
- Comes together in a blink – 20 minutes to cook up and amaze you.
- Requires just a few essential ingredients.
- You can bring variations by adding veggies of your choice.
- Perfect for breakfast, snack, or brunch recipe. It’s a hit appetizer with party lovers too.
- Vegetarian, filling, nutritious, and entirely drool-worthy.
- Loved by kids and grown-ups alike.
You can also delight your precious little ones by packing these cheesy delights in their tiffin/lunch boxes. Imagine the happiness it will bring to them when they binge on them along with a group of friends!
Ingredient list for Cheesy Corn Masala Toast
The ingredients to make Cheesy corn masala toast is probably sitting in your pantry. This part explains the role of each element in this recipe.
Bread — Sourdough bread is the base component of this irresistible crispy Cheesy Corn Masala Toast recipe. You can also use brown bread, white bread, or multigrain bread.
Onions — They add their distinct earthy flavor and a dramatic crunch to our toasts.
Bell peppers — Finely chopped red and yellow bell peppers add flavor and fervor to the recipe, and their bright colors will leave you mesmerized.
Corn — Corn kernels lend nutrition and an exciting crunch to our toasts.
Lemon juice — The citrusy flavor of lemon juice elevates the delectability of our masala toasts.
Cilantro leaves — Chopped cilantro leaves add flavor and a green contrast that hypes the lusciousness of the recipe.
Cheese — A generous spread of shredded Mexican Cheese/ Mozzarella cheese makes the toasts more gooey and yummy!
Green chili — A hint of heat from the green chilies adds flavor and depth to our masala toasts. You can substitute green chilies with Serrano pepper for an exciting chili punch.
Spices — Flavorful spices like red chili flakes, black pepper, chaat masala, salt, and cumin powder zest up the masala toasts.
Oil – You can use any mild oil or olive oil for this recipe.
Butter — A generous smear of garlic butter over the toasts takes it a notch up. You can use salted butter or unsalted white butter as per your preference.
How to make Cheesy Corn Masala Toast
This section walks you through a detailed step-by-step recipe with pictures. For the FULL, printable recipe card, please scroll down to the bottom of this post.
Toast the bread — Brush both sides of the sourdough with garlic butter and arrange them in an airfryer. Place the slices in the airfryer and bake them for 2-3 minutes (on each side) @350°F until lightly brown.
Remove and set them aside.
Prepare Corn mix — Add oil and chopped onions to a pan. Sauté the onions over medium heat until soft. Remove them from the pan and set them aside to cool. Now combine corn, bell peppers, cilantro, lemon juice, spices, and cooled sautéed onions in a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
Finally, add the cheese blend and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
Assemble Cheesy Corn Masala Toast — Now, take a toasted slice and apply 3 tablespoons of the mixture over each piece.
Top each layered toast with sliced green chilies and more cilantro leaves.
Air fry Corn masala toast — Transfer the layered cheesy corn masala toast slice to an airfryer. Cover the slice with aluminum foil and bake them @325°F for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts to bubbly, gooey perfection.
Serve them warm with a dip of your choice.
A heavenly combination of corn and veggies with spices and tons of cheese creates this mouthwatering recipe and makes it a savory tea-time delight.
Stove top and oven versions!
Now there is something special about this recipe. These cheesy masala corn toast can be made in the regular oven and over the stovetop in a pan too.
Oven method —
- Arrange the buttered sourdough bread on a parchment paper layered or greased baking tray.
- Bake the bread for 4-5 minutes (on each side) @350°F until lightly brown. Remove and set them aside.
- Now layer each slice with corn masala, cover with foil and bake them @325°F for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts to bubbly, gooey perfection. Serve warm.
Cooktop version —
- Arrange the buttered sourdough bread in a heavy-bottomed wide pan.
- Toast the bread for 4-5 minutes (on each side) until lightly brown and crispy. Remove and set them aside.
- Now layer each slice with corn masala, cover the pan with a lid and cook the corn masala toast until the cheese melts to bubbly, gooey perfection. Serve warm.
Expert tips and variations
Extremely versatile — Our Cheesy Corn Masala Toast is a nutrition-packed treat as it is prepared with bell pepper and corn that are high in nutrients. To make it more healthy and delicious, you may also add other veggies of your choice, like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, etc. They can even be topped up with paneer or even cream cheese.
Mayonnaise — If you like your toasts to have a creamier topping, you may add mayonnaise. It will turn the recipe more delicious.
Do not over-cook— Toasting for more than the recommended time may render the cheese chewy. So ensure not to over cook your toasts.
Bread of your choice — I have used sourdough bread for the recipe. But if it is not available or you want to go with other bread, like brown bread, white bread, or multigrain bread, you may feel free to go ahead with that.
Substitute — I have used the canned corn kernels in the recipe, but you can also use the frozen ones or even the fresh corn kernels.
Serving options — You can serve your delicious treat with schezwan sauce, sriracha sauce, tomato sauce or chutney, or any dip of your choice.
Cheese options — You can also add cubes of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) or even cream cheese to bring a variation to your already drool-worthy toasts.
Let me know what you think!
This is a simple recipe with a brilliant outcome. Packed with rich, savory flavors, these Cheesy Corn Masala Toasts taste out of this world. So, let us not delay and get straight to the recipe.
Prepare this crispy snack with me today and see for yourself how the magic unfolds!
Should you make these Masala Corn Veggie Toastie, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
MORE COMFORTING RECIPES THAT YOU’LL LOVE!
Cheesy Corn Masala Toast
- 1¼ teaspoon Oil
- 3 tablespoons Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Red Bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup Yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 cup Low fat Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 sliced Green chili or Serrano pepper
ASSEMBLE CORN MIXTURE
- Add oil and chopped onions to a pan.
- Sauté the onions over medium heat until soft. Remove them from the pan and set them aside to cool.
- Now combine corn, bell peppers, cilantro, spices, and cooled sautéed onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice and mix it well.
- Finally, add the shredded Mexican cheese and low-fat shredded Mozzarella cheese to the corn mixture.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
TOAST THE BREAD
- Brush both sides of the sourdough with garlic butter and arrange them in an airfryer.
- Bake them for 2-3 minutes @350°F until lightly brown. Remove and set them aside.
- Now, take a toasted slice and apply 3 tablespoons of the mixture over each piece. Top each layered toast with sliced green chilies and more cilantro leaves.
- Transfer the layered cheesy corn masala toast slice to an airfryer. Cover the slices with aluminum foil.
- Bake them @325°F for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts to bubbly, gooey perfection.
- Serve them warm with a dip of your choice.