Raw mango is boiled, peeled, pureed and flavored with spices, later cooled and served with ice cubes and fresh mint leaves.
Mangoes can be boiled in other ways. One of them is shown below. To speed up the process – another method would be to pressure cook mangoes for 2-3 whistles until soft and tender. Or raw mango can be placed in a microwave for 3-4 minutes until its soft. Later peel the skin and follow the recipe below.
Jaggery can be added instead of regular sugar but it will change the color of panna from light green to a darker shade. I prefer panna with pulp but as per one’s liking you can sieve the pureed panna and serve.
Aam Ka Panna is a tasty and refreshing summer drink. My kids love it, something healthy and homemade which keeps them away from store bought sugar drinks. When summer is at its peak enjoy this drink that will keep you hydrated and save you from the heat.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Aam ka panna
- 2 big Green Mango
- 2 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Kala namak (Black salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed back pepper
- 6 tablespoon Sugar or Jaggery
- 4 cups Water
- A handful of Fresh Mint leaves
- Wash and clean mangoes.
- Boil water in a pan, add mangoes and boil them for 30-40 minutes.
- Or you can pressure cook them for 2-3 whistles until mangoes are soft and tender.
- They will look like this, mangoes will loose their green color...
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Cut open the mangoes..
- Using a spoon, scoop out the pulp from boiled mangoes.
- Discard the skin...
- Allow the pulp to cool down completely.
- Once cooled add all the spices to the pulp...
- Add this to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Panna is on a thick side. Add water to dilute and adjust seasonings.
- Add ice and fresh mint leaves and serve cold. Stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.