Mango Lassi a refreshing Indian drink made with fruit and yogurt. This summer drink is so flavorful, creamy and absolutely heavenly!
Summer is here and so are the mangoes and that too in abundance. True to its name – KING OF FRUITS; mango is juicy, tasty, sweet and super delicious! It has various forms and flavors from bitter to tarty and sweet to very very sweet. While they’re so many fruits around during summer, but mangoes are still considered the most favorite.Mango Lassi
Mangoes can be enjoyed as is or in savory and sweet dishes. Since mangoes are in abundance, I plan to make Mango lassi. It’s everyone’s favorite, and you can make it ahead of time… and it taste great when cold!
Now onto the recipe!
Delicious mango lassi is prepared with yogurt and sweet mango pulp. It’s pretty close to mango smoothie which follows the same method leaving out the essence and cardamom and substituting with vanilla flavor.
Mangoes I used were very sweet so I kept my sugar on the low side. Looking for a healthy option substitute honey for sugar. If you find it too thick, dilute it with more milk or cream and adjust accordingly to one’s liking.
I like to flavor my mango lassi with different essence alternating between rose water, kewra and mango essence. If I am adding an essence to my lassi, I usually leave out on cardamom because of it’s strong flavor. It’s strong flavor will conflicts with whatever essence I am adding.
Add ice cubes and enjoy this very tasty and full of nutrients mango drink. Add mango chunks to give it a chunky texture.
This summer enjoy this rich, creamy and pleasantly flavored sweet Mango lassi that is very refreshing!! During summer break it’s a must have for my kids. 🙂
I sure hope that you give these a try! If you happen to make them then share your yum pictures with me @facebook. Would love to see your creations!
Have a great summer!!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
- 1 cup Fresh Mango Pulp
- 1 cup Curd
- 1/4 cup Milk or cream (to dilute lassi)
- 1/2- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rose water or any essence (optional)
- Few springs of Mint Leaves
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder (optional)
- Wash, peel and puree the mango.
- Curd used for this recipe should be cold.
- Assemble all the ingredients in a blender leaving out mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- This lassi has a thick consistency - but if you want to dilute it add more milk.
- This lassi can be made in advance.
- Garnish with mint leaves, few strands of saffron or a pinch of cardamom powder and....
- Serve chilled.