One-pot Vegan Thai Red Curry with Tofu and vegetables is an easy weeknight dinner. This nutritious and comforting dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes and tastes amazing!
Thai cuisine is absolutely delicious. Its curries (red or green) are a culinary delight – bursting with ﬂavor, delectable spices and has a fantastic scent always wafting around it. Vegan Thai Red Curry With Tofu And Vegetables
My family and I enjoy Thai food and our nearby Thai restaurant offers an extensive choice of options, but I stick to my favorite one: Thai Red Curry with Tofu and Vegetables.
It is utterly scrumptious, and the best part is – it’s vegetarian made without fish sauce and eggs.
Its rich curry is very smooth and creamy. The veggies in the curry are cooked to near perfection, and the tofu cubes are completely soaked in the curry, making it even tastier.
WHY IS HOMEMADE THAI CURRY THE BEST?
The answer is simple. The original and authentic Thai curry uses fish sauce and is very fiery and spicy.
I cannot handle spicy food and that’s the reason I came up with my own version of Thai curry that is less spicy, but it still delivers the same color, flavor, and texture.
If you have never tried making Thai curry at home, then you definitely need to try this one. You will be amazed at the simplicity of this dish. This quick and easy Thai curry takes 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients.
WHAT MAKES UP THIS RECIPE?
The base ingredient for this recipe is red curry paste and coconut milk. Together these two make an outstanding combination. For this recipe, you can either use homemade red curry paste or a store-bought vegan red curry paste.
I have used the ‘Thai Kitchen Gluten-free Red Curry Paste.’ It’s vegan and tastes great. Vegan red curry paste is readily available at your nearby Whole food stores.
NOW ONTO THE RECIPE! Vegan Thai Red Curry With Tofu And Vegetables
The prep-work is what takes up most of your time. Once you have all your veggies sliced, from thereon the recipe comes together pretty fast.
I started out with making a coconut-based curry with onion-ginger-garlic and red curry paste. Then, I added a large assortment of vegetables such as bamboo shoots, red and yellow bell pepper, onions, zucchini, and basil.
I prefer to keep my veggies tender-crisp and not soft. So, I cooked them for only a few seconds.
Next, comes the central part of the dish – tofu! Squeeze water out of tofu and cut tofu into small cube-shaped pieces, giving it an appealing look. Then, I dumped them all into the curry and waited for the tofu to be drenched completely.
Finally, I allowed it simmer for 1-2 minutes letting the appetizing smell spread through the entirety of my house. The result? It was DELICIOUS!
CUSTOMIZE TO YOUR LIKING!
This recipe is extremely versatile, and you can customize to your taste. Don’t like a veggie mentioned below, no worries. There are many other tested and tried colorful vegetables that go well with this curry. Like –
- water chestnut, Vegan Thai Red Curry With Tofu And Vegetables
- whole baby corn,
- thinly sliced carrots,
- bok choy, and many more.
Add curry paste, coconut milk, spices, and Thai Red curry is ready in minutes.
Likewise, tofu can be substituted with paneer or protein of your choice. Pair with white rice or brown rice for a healthy dinner tonight.
YOU WILL LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS THAI RED CURRY. IT’S
- yummy dish. Give it a try and amaze your family with your delightful cooking.
If you happen to make this Thai Red curry, please comment below and leave your feedback. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @ruchiskitchen (one word) or #ruchiskitchen. I would love to see your creation!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Vegan Thai Red Curry With Tofu And Vegetables
- 1 packet (14 oz or 397 grams) Firm Tofu rinsed, patted dry, and cut into cubes
- 1 small Red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2-3 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 medium Yellow red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Red Belll pepper, sliced
- 1 small Zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoon Bamboo shoots, drained and washed
- 1.5 tablespoon Olive oil
THAI RED CURRY INGREGIENTS
- 14 oz can of Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste (prefer a deeper color - add a tablespoon more)
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili sauce (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar or Maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Lime zest or Chopped Kaffir lime leaves or
- - - Salt and pepper to taste
- - - Handful of Chopped Fresh Basil leaves to garnish
- Cut tofu into small cubes.
- Assemble ingredients for Thai red curry sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion-ginger and garlic to this pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk along with all the ingredients listed under 'Thai red curry'except basil leaves. Prefer a deeper red color - add a tablespoon more of tomato paste.
- Add spices and mix to combine.
- Add veggies to Thai curry. I prefer to keep my veggies tender-crisp and not soft. So I cooked the veggies for few seconds.
- Finally, I add tofu into the curry and allowed it simmer for few seconds until tofu was completely drenched in curry. TIP - If you prefer crunchy veggies, then I would suggest adding veggies after tofu soaks in all the curry flavor. Add veggies and allow it to simmer for a minute.
- Take it off the flame, adjust seasonings and add fresh basil leaves.
- Vegan Thai Red Curry With Tofu And Vegetables is ready.
- Pair with white rice or brown rice for a healthy dinner tonight.
- Leftovers make a perfect lunch the next day!