Coconut Malai Peda is a delicately flavored coconut sweet made with milk solids. It is incredibly delicious, super nutty and a perfect way to satisfy your sweet cravings!!
Fall is a very joyous time in India. The heat wave and monsoon have crossed the nation and the festival season is about to begin. Starting this week till November – Indian calendar is filled with a lot of festivities like – Janmashtami, Teej, Ganesh Chaturthi, Navratri, and Diwali.
So what does that mean? It means its time for mouthwatering sweets, treats, decorations, fun-frolic, and extravagant feasts. It’s by far, my favorite time of the year!Festivals in India are incomplete without sweets. Desserts/mithai on a celebration is a mandatory part of Indian culture.
Therefore to celebrate the onset of festival season, I have just the perfect recipe for you today – Coconut Malai Peda! This melt-in-your-mouth pedas has an intense coconut flavor and a fantastic texture. Coconut lovers this one is exclusively for you. 🙂
WONDERING WHAT IS PEDA?
Peda is a small disc-shaped-sweet from the Indian subcontinent. The word Peda is generically used to define a fudge-type-cookie made with milk solids/milk powder, sugar and some flavorings like cardamom, rose, pistachio, and saffron.
These delicious treats are also assigned the following names – Pedha, Pera or Penda(in Gujarat). No matter what you call it, peda is a must-have sweet for any joyous celebration.
How to make Coconut Malai Peda?
This nutty and delectable coconut malai peda requires:
- 5 simple ingredients and
- 20 minutes of your time.
And I promise it will soon be one of your favorites for all the festivals and celebrations. Combine all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cream and cook until the mixture starts to come together like dough. Take it off the flame. Allow it to cool. The mixture will become firm as it cools.This festival season I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other options!
Thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Coconut Malai Peda
- 2 cups Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk/Cream
- 1/4 cup Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1/2 cup Desiccated unsweetened Coconut
- - - Saffron strands
- - - Cardamom Powder to sprinkle on top
- In a large bowl combine milk powder, coconut, and powdered sugar in a bowl. Knead it with your hands to combine.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the above mixture. Mix it well.
- Add cream and cook until the mixture starts to come together like dough (7-9 minutes). Maintain the heat at the low-medium setting. This mixture can get burned pretty quickly so, please be very careful and keep stirring. The cooked mixture will be grainy at this point. No worries, take it off the flame.
- Allow it to cool. The mixture will become firm as it cools. When it's comfortable to touch, knead the dough until its smooth and no longer grainy.
- Grease your hands and take about a golf ball size of dough and roll it into your hands. Flatten the ball.
- Your peda is ready, repeat the process with rest of the mixture. Garnish with saffron strands and cardamom powder. Can stay well in the refrigerator for 1week.