Crispy and flaky Easy Puff Pastry Taco Pizza is a wonderful recipe, perfect as an appetizer or a light meal. This savory pizza is made with simple ingredients and is a complete show-stopper recipe!
Whether you are entertaining a large group or hosting a simple dinner, these Easy Puff Pastry Taco Pizza is a perfect go-to comfort food recipe. Store-bought puff pastry is topped with simple ingredients and then baked until golden and flaky.
And what make this pizza a beautiful centerpiece?
It’s the taco toppings!!
Even shreds of lettuce, cubed tomatoes and sliced olives lay atop a crispy and flaky puff pastry and that’s what bring out the pure flavor and goodness of this pizza. Indeed a luscious way to enjoy a pizza.
This taco pizza is
- Amazingly delicious
- Super easy to make
- Loaded with flavor and
My family just loved it. I had made this pizza for an evening snack and it disappeared in minutes. I can’t blame them. Now who can resist a crispy puff pastry pizza that’s loaded with goodness and baked to perfection?
Now on to the recipe!
Everyone loves to create simple meals with readily available ingredients. And this easy puff pastry taco pizza completely fits the bill. You won’t believe how fast and easy this recipe is, and above all – it tastes amazing!
This vegetarian taco pizza has two toppings.
- First topping – corn kernels, black beans, onions, cheese and bell pepper. I have used what I had on hand. But feel free to add other ingredients like red bell pepper, mushrooms and banana peppers.
- Second topping is the taco topping – shredded lettuce, cubed tomatoes, olives, cheese with a generous drizzle of sour cream. Oh, my that’s so delicious!
Few Tips to avoid a soggy base!
For crispy crust make sure you follow these steps.
- Heat your baking tray before putting the puff pastry on top. This will result in a crispy base.
- Make sure all your toppings are paper-dried before it goes on the pizza. Corn, bell pepper and black beans hold moisture. So wrap the toppings in between a paper towel and press gently. This will draw out all the excess moisture and your pizza base will not end up soggy.
Do give this yummy pizza recipe a try and if you happen to make this pizza then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on facebook. Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Easy Puff Pastry Taco Pizza
- 1 Puff pastry sheet (thawed)
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- 1 small Capsicum, diced
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Pizza seasoning/ Taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 small Tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup Sliced Black Olives
- 1/4 cup Sour cream to drizzle on top
- Assemble ingredients. Preheat oven @ 400 degree F.
- And spices.
- Combine all the ingredients listed under pizza in a bowl.
- Spread the toppings on a paper towel. Make sure all your toppings are paper-dried before it goes on the pizza. Corn, bell pepper and black beans hold moisture.
- So wrap the toppings in between a paper towel and press gently. This will draw out all the excess moisture and your pizza base will not end up soggy. This step is a game-changer.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking tray and place it in the warm oven for 15-20 minutes. This will result in a crispy bottom crust. A COOKIE/CAKE WIRE RACK CAN ALSO BE USED TO BAKE THIS PIZZA.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a rectangle.
- Carefully, remove hot baking sheet from oven and transfer the pastry onto the hot baking sheet. Leaving an inch on all four sides make a rectangle on the sheet. Use a fork to gently poke holes throughout all of the pastry dough. This way the center will not rise during baking but the edges will puff up well.
- Transfer the veggies/beans back to the bowl and add spices.
- And cheese. Mix it well. Spread the mix immediately onto the puff pastry sheet.
- Generously sprinkle topping in that rectangle. Do not add the toppings on the sides.
- Brush all the four sides with butter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and advance to the next step.
- Assemble the topping ingredients.
- Top pizza with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheeses....
- Drizzle with sour cream, cut yourself a slice, bring out the salsa....
- And enjoy right away. This recipe can be made with with regular pizza crust. Follow this link to homemade pizza dough recipe. https://www.ruchiskitchen.com/recipe/homemade-whole-wheat-pizza-dough/