Mexican-inspired Instant Pot Fiesta Rice is a flavorful and yummy side dish that comes together in less than 30 minutes and tastes fantastic. Every bite you take feels like a fiesta in your mouth!
Calling all rice lovers! Is eating rice a regular affair at your place then this Instant Pot fiesta rice is just for you. It only takes 20 minutes of your time to cook this delicious, and healthy dish. Not to mention it’s all made in one Pot – Instant Pot.
WHY IN INSTANT POT?
Because I love one-pot meals and lately, I have been cooking my lentils, soup, rice, and curries with the convenience of the Instant Pot. It’s a great multi-cooker which offers the comfort of hands-free cooking. A real game changer in the kitchen.
Making Fiesta rice in an Instant Pot is a breeze. Simply saute your ingredients, add rice, water, set the timer, and lock the lid in place. Enjoy your free time for something else and return when the timer BEEPS! No mess, and no extensive cleaning required. This is truly a no-fuss recipe. Once you make your rice in an Instant Pot, you will never look back.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Fiesta Rice!
This Instant Pot fiesta rice is packed with corn, black beans, red bell pepper, rice, and fabulous flavors.
✔ Black Beans are mostly associated with Mexican cuisine and are often served in enchiladas, soup, and tacos. They are high in magnesium, iron, folate, and minerals. These beans do share some nutrients in common with corn. Like corn, it contains healthy vitamins and a wide variety of nutrients.
✔ Corn, itself is a natural antioxidant and a good source of fiber. Add it to any meal for a delicious, wholesome high-fiber diet.
✔ For that perfect crunch, I have added red bell pepper to my rice. It’s sweet flavor and crunchy texture adds an instant zing to any dish. Besides texture, it provides a boost of nutrition too! All in all, this vegan fiesta rice is a nutritional powerhouse!
How to make Fiesta Rice in the Instant Pot?
- Saute onion and garlic until the onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add the black beans, corn, and spices.
- Pour vegetable stock.
- Add rinsed rice and stir to combine.
- Finally, add red bell peppers.
- Close and seal. Now press the ‘Manual’ button. Cook on ‘High Pressure’ for 6 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, do the QPR (quick pressure release). Gently fluff the rice with a fork and enjoy!
YOU WILL LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS RECIPE. IT’S –
- Vegan and
- A budget-friendly meal.
This one-pot meal is a new addition to our family’s weeknight dinner rotation. Enjoy it as is or pair with your favorite soup for a wholesome dinner tonight.
Check out my Friend Tatiana’s blog on how to make delicious desserts in Instant Pot!
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Instant Pot Coconut Quinoa with White Beans
- Instant Pot White Bean soup
- Instant Pot 3-cheese Spinach Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Quinoa Stew
Thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet?
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Instant Pot Fiesta Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1.5 cups Water or Vegetable stock
- 1 medium Diced, Onion
- 2 cloves of Minced Garlic
- 2 small Diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Drained and washed black beans
- 1/2 cup Drained and washed corn kernels
- 3/4 cup Chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons Taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons Oil
- Rinse basmati rice until the water runs clear. Set it aside. Press the 'Saute' button on the Instant Pot. Once it displays hot, add oil. To the hot oil, add onion and garlic. Saute for about 3-4 minutes until the onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Instead of chopped tomatoes, you can add tomato puree too.
- Then add the black beans, corn, and spices. I have used a can of store-bought black beans and corn for my recipe. I highly recommend that you always rinse and drain the beans/corn before adding it to any recipe.
- Pour vegetable stock or water to the pot. Add rinsed rice and stir to combine.
- Finally, add red bell peppers. They come is a wide variety of colors. My favorite is red bell pepper. But feel free to substitute any colored bell pepper for the red one.
- Close the Instant Pot with its lid. Turn the venting knob to the sealing position. Now press the 'Manual' button. Cook on 'High Pressure' for 6 minutes. Once the Instant Pot beeps, do the QPR (quick pressure release). As the safety pin drops down, open the lid.
- Allow the steam to escape. Then gently fluff the rice with a fork. Serve hot with Sour Cream, fresh Salsa or guacamole.
- Stuff leftover vegan fiesta rice in bell peppers and bake
- Fill your burritos or tacos with fiesta rice
- Make tortilla wraps
- Fiesta Rice tastes amazing in fajitas
- Simply enjoy this rice with some refried beans. Endless possibilities.