If you are a rice lover and want to gratify your rice-loving soul, this unbeatably flavorsome and exotically aromatic Instant Pot Fiesta Rice is just for you! The goodness of rice and veggies combine to form this blissful creation you cannot get enough of.
To sum up, this delicious and wholesome Mexican Fiesta Rice is a complete powerhouse – a jamboree of hues and a fest of flavors in one bowl!
What is Instant Pot Fiesta Rice
Mexican Fiesta Rice is a colorful dish containing red bell peppers, black beans, corn kernels, onions, garlic, and long-grained rice as base ingredients. Taco seasoning adds authentic Mexican flavors, which are purely satisfying.
High on nutrition and flavors, this recipe is easy to prepare, with the instant pot being a breeze!
Fiesta Rice is cooked in an instant pot in this recipe. I can assure you that it makes this recipe superbly enjoyable and heavenly delicious, with nutritional levels on the higher side.
Try this 20 minutes recipe that is healthy, glamorous, and lip-smacking delicious, and enjoy watching it become your next family favorite!
Instant Pot Cooking
The Instant pot is a real game changer and offers the comfort of hands-free cooking. You can utilize your saved time on something that needs your attention.
In addition to that, when cooked with the convenience of the Instant Pot —
- Weeknight night meals are easy and mess-free!
- No extensive cleaning is required either.
- And not to mention, every bite of this irresistible recipe is a flavorful fiesta.
- Is a complete crowd-pleaser!
Try it for your next house party/ get-together, and notice how easily it grabs compliments. This Mexican Fiesta Rice is a manifestation of pure ambrosial indulgence!
Reasons You’ll ♡ Instant Pot Fiesta Rice
Instant Pot Fiesta Rice is an excellent option for weekend dinners and can turn out to be a family favorite. You will love this super delicious recipe because it’s a —
- Quick and easy rice recipe
- Packed with flavors
- Healthy one-pot meal option
- Looks great with colorful veggies
- Vegan and Gluten-free recipe
- Makes a budget-friendly yet wholesome meal!
What’s best about this Mexican rice is that it prepares quickly with a few common ingredients in the pantry and is packed with the goodness of vitamins and minerals from the choicest ingredients.
Instant Pot Mexican rice Ingredient List
Rice — Basmati rice is the star ingredient for this recipe. You can use any long-grained basmati rice that is flavorful and aromatic and cooks to be the best recipe.
Black Beans — High in iron, magnesium, folate, and minerals, black beans add nutrition to this Fiesta rice recipe. Rinse and drain them well before using them for this recipe.
Corn — Corn kernels are added to the recipe for a delectable crunch and nutrition. Corns are a source of natural antioxidants and fiber, making this recipe a delicious and wholesome meal. You can use frozen or fresh corns, which would work equally well.
Bell peppers — Red bell peppers are added for nutrition, color, and crunch, making the recipe a magical indulgence! Feel free to add any color bell peppers of your liking.
Vegetable stock — This adds nutrition as well as flavor to the recipe.
Onions — They are known for their unique pungency, which elevates the overall flavor of the recipe. It is added here for the same reason.
Garlic — It adds a sweet zest to the recipe.
Tomatoes — Add a lovely tang to the rice.
Cumin — Cumin powder adds an earthy flavor and distinct aroma to the rice and brings depth to the recipe.
Taco seasoning — A mix of salt, spices, onion powder, garlic powder, etc., elevates the recipe’s overall flavors.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Rinse and drain — This recipe uses store-bought black beans and corn. I recommend you rinse and drain the black beans and the corn before adding them to the rice.
Choice of bell peppers — I have used red bell peppers for this recipe, but you can substitute them with any other color bell peppers as per your liking.
Spicy spin — Add jalapeno peppers to add an extra spicy punch to this delicious recipe of Mexican fiesta rice, and enjoy the fiery deliciousness.
Versatile recipe — Instant Pot Fiesta Rice is a versatile recipe giving you the liberty to add other vegetables (green bell peppers, mushrooms) that you want and enjoy this recipe in accord with your taste buds.
Flavorful addition — If you want an additional dose of flavors, you can add 3 tablespoons of salsa to the uncooked rice and gorge on the fiery and smoky flavors that salsa adds to this recipe.
Select any rice — You can make this recipe using any rice of your preference. This recipe is prepared using basmati rice, but you may substitute it with brown rice or Jasmine rice as well. However, the cooking time for each type of rice will vary.
Rice and water ratio — As a thumb rule, keep the water and rice ratio as 1:1 ( for Instant pot). This will make the best-cooked rice with proper texture and separate grains that look tempting. Extra water will make the rice sticky and unappetizing; therefore, avoid adding more.
Scalable recipe — This amazingly delicious recipe of Fiesta Rice is scalable to meet your serving requirements. You can double or triple this recipe as given in the recipe card and serve a crowd to delight them.
INSTANT POT FIESTA RICE MAKES A GREAT LEFTOVER TOO!
The leftover Fiesta rice can be turned into blissfully delicious delights with some thoughtful creations. Let’s see how you can recreate a new recipe out of this fiesta rice —
- Stuffing the leftover vegan fiesta rice in the bell peppers and baking them will create a yummy recipe your family will drool over!
- When filled in burritos or tacos, the fiesta rice makes a delicious treat to woo your guests!
- Fiesta rice-filled tortilla wraps form a great grab-and-go delight when in a rush!
- Fajitas taste great with fiesta rice, and you cannot ask for anything better than this!
- Try a combo of fiesta rice with fried beans; you will love this for a lifetime!
There are endless creative options to devour this heavenly recipe of Mexican Fiesta Rice. All you need is to switch to your creative mode!
Can I Cook Mexican Fiesta Rice on the stovetop?
Absolutely! Mexican Fiesta rice cooks amazingly perfectly over a cooktop as well.
All you need to do is to double the water quantity and follow the recipe directions below on the recipe card.
Let me know what you think!
This recipe of Instant Pot Fiesta Rice is any rice lover’s dream! You can make this Mexican dish any time of the day; it will be perfect to delight your heart for brunches, lunches, or dinners!
If you are drooling over the vibrant pictures of this flavorful rice dish, why not just grab the ingredients and dive into the preparation?
This dish is sure to become your next go-to recipe!
Should you make this Instant Pot Mexican Rice, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below. And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
CRAVING FOR MORE, TRY THESE OTHER OPTIONS:
FOLLOW STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE BEST INSTANT POT FIESTA RICE
Instant Pot Fiesta Rice
- 1 cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable stock
- 1 medium Diced, Onion
- 2 cloves of Minced Garlic
- 2 small Tomatoes diced
- ¾ cup Black Beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Corn Kernels drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup Chopped red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Crushed red chili flakes
- 1½ tablespoons Taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1¼ tablespoons Oil
- Sort through the rice to remove all the pebbles and gritty things. Rinse and rub rice thoroughly until the water runs clear. Drain and set it aside.
- Start the Instant Pot in ‘SAUTE’ mode. Once it displays hot, add oil to the insert. Now add onion and garlic to it.
- Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Instead of chopped tomatoes, you can add tomato puree too.
- Stir in the black beans, corn, and spices.
- Pour vegetable stock/water into the insert.
- Add rinsed rice and stir to combine.
- Finally, add red bell peppers and gently stir them. Seal the lid of the Instant Pot with the vent in the sealing position. Cancel the saute mode. Select the ‘PRESSURE COOK OR MANUAL’ mode. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, wait for 10 minutes, then do the QPR (quick pressure release). As the safety pin drops down, open the lid. Allow the steam to escape. Then gently fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve hot with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
MEXICAN FIESTA RICE OVER COOKTOP
- Rinse and rub rice thoroughly until the water runs clear. Drain and set it aside.
- Add oil to a heavy-bottomed pan. Now add onion and garlic to it. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Stir in the black beans, corn, and spices.
- Add rinsed rice and stir to combine.
- Add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rinsed rice. (Ratio 2:1). Now, cook the rice on medium heat for 18- 20 minutes until the water has evaporated completely. After 20 minutes, take the rice off the flame.
- Allow the rice to sit covered for about 5 to 7 minutes, then remove the lid. Your Mexican Fiesta rice is ready to be relished. Fluff them with a fork and serve them with pride!