If you are looking for a last minute sweet for Ganesh Chaturthi then try out these yummy and mouthwatering coconut ladoos. A beginner’s recipe that can be prepared in just 15 minutes. Quick and easy ladoos that are made with mawa, unsweetened desiccated coconut and condensed milk. Mawa/khoya adds a rich taste and perfect texture to these ladoos and they will just melt-in-your-mouth from the first bite you take. I have prepared these ladoos for Ganesh Chaturthi but they can be enjoyed at any festive occasion.
RECIPE DETAIL – I have used unsweetened desiccated coconut for this recipe. Sauteing desiccated coconut in ghee along with mawa adds a nice softness and texture to the ladoos. Once condensed milk is added, take the mixture off the flame and keep mixing till it forms a dough. Feel free to use other flavors instead of saffron. In the past, I have used pistachio flavor and Roohafzha for these ladoos and they tasted equally good.
Form a soft dough out of the mixture and roll them in small golf sized balls. Give them a final makeover by rolling the ladoos in dried coconut. These ladoos are good for a 1-2 days if left out on the kitchen counter and for 2-3 weeks if stored in the refrigerator.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
- 1-3/4 cup Unsweetend desiccated Coconut
- 1/3 cup Mawa
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron mixed in warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 cup Unsweetend desiccated Coconut to roll ladoos
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add coconut, mawa and mix.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Pour in condensed milk....
- And mix. Take it off the flame.
- Add saffron mixed with water. Like Roohafzha add that instead of saffron.
- Knead it like a dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls.
- Roll them in dry coconut..
- Yummy and delicious coconut ladoos are ready.
- Enjoy your Ganesh Chaturthi with these sweet little treats.