A quick and simple Coconut Burfi. Have 15 minutes on hand, why not try this easy dessert recipe. A step by step recipe which guides you through the whole process and within minutes you have a perfect dessert ready for your family (minus the time which is required to set it).
Usually this dessert is made by grating fresh coconut, since I didn’t have any fresh coconut on hand so I used the unsweetened desiccated coconut in my recipe. Sauteing desiccated coconut in ghee gave this burfi a toasted flavor and mixing it with condensed milk added a rich texture.
I always keep desiccated coconut in my pantry and use it to prepare sweet and savory Indian dishes. Desiccated coconut has an impressive nutrient content and offers 4.6 grams of fiber per ounce (as mentioned on it’s packet). Let’s begin with our step by step recipe.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
- 2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 3/4 cup Dry Mawa
- 1 can condensed milk - 14 oz
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/3 cup Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Eliachi Powder (Cardamon Powder)
- A pinch Safforn
- 1 tablespoon Sliced almonds
- Let's prep up our ingredients. Sliced almonds, saffron, eliachi powder, milk and mawa, ghee and desiccated coconut.
- AND condensed milk.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Add desiccated coconut to it. Saute on medium low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix Well. Add dry mawa and mix well.
- Add condensed milk and stir till it leaves the pan. Soon it will become a dough.
- At this point add milk and mix well. Adding milk will moist up the burfi.
- Grease a container and transfer coconut mixture to it.
- Spread it around and allow it to sit for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the container. All set after 3 hours.
- Sprinkle eliachi powder,
- Cut into squares.
- Sprinkle saffron and sliced almonds on top and Enjoy!!