Are you looking for a Diwali sweet recipe that comes together in no time? Then look no more. Pista burfi, a delicious Pistachio studded fudge is an easy sweet treat that comes along in less than 30 minutes and tastes delicious.
The festive season has begun, and tis the time to celebrate! It’s that time of the year when festivities and excitement are in full swing. Pista Burfi
People decorate their houses, make sweet treats, and savories at homes to mark the celebrations.
There is a feeling of joy and merriment in the air. And to celebrate this special occasion of Diwali, I have a mouthwatering Pista burfi recipe for you. There is something about burfis that always attracts me.
It’s the melt-in-the-mouth kind of soft and creamy texture that forever gets to me.
What is Burfi?
Burfi is a milk solid based Indian fudge. It is a combination of simple yet flavorful ingredients that produce a lip-smacking recipe.
There are many different varieties of burfis out there. Some of my favorites are –
Each one of these is a plethora of flavor for every taste bud.
Ingredients required to make Pista Burfi Recipe!
This 6-Ingredient Pista burfi or Pistachio Fudge is deliciously creamy with the pleasant nutty taste of pistachios.
This simple burfi recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and involves only six ingredients:
- Milk powder,
- Powdered sugar,
- Pistachio Extract, and
- Chopped Pistachios.
How to make Pista Burfi Recipe?
1. Melt ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan.
2. Add milk powder and stir until the mixture looks crumbly.
3. Pour milk and mix. The mixture will come together as a soft, elastic dough.
4. Add powdered sugar, pistachio essence, and stir to combine.
5. Keep stirring continuously, do not leave the mixture unattended at any time as it may burn.
6. Keep stirring, and soon the mixture will start to thicken.
7. Take it off the flame and allow it to cool slightly. Add Pistachios to the mixture. Mix to combine.
8. Pour it into a greased dish and generously sprinkle the remaining crushed green pistachio pieces on top.
9. Allow the burfi to harden for 4-6 hours or overnight.
10. Once it’s cooled, cut into squares and enjoy the pistachio speckled burfi that will melt in your mouth.
Do you like a clean-cut Pista burfi?
If so, then follow this tip.
Once the burfi has cooled, run a greased knife all along the burfi in one go. The cut on the burfi gets uneven edges when the blade is pressed up and down.
Make horizontal and vertical cuts in one go.
Don’t make the knife go up and down too much as it will leave you with uneven edges.
Some other tested and tried nuts that you can use for Pista Burfi Recipe!
If you or your family member is allergic to pistachios, then try the below options –
- Choco chips
- toasted coconut layer
- Mangoes…. the possibilities are endless.
This is a straightforward recipe, and you won’t be disappointed. Besides that, this burfi makes the perfect festive gift.
Be sure to check out other burfi recipes on the blog. They are all drool-worthy and worth a try!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
Happy Diwali to all!
Craving for more, try these other festive treats-
- 2 tablespoons Coarsely pounded Pistachios
- Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, and add milk powder.
- Stir until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Pour milk and mix. The mixture will come together as a soft dough.
- Add powdered sugar, pistachio essence and stir to combine.
- Keep stirring continuously, do not leave the mixture unattended at any time as it may burn. Keep stirring and soon the mixture will start to thicken.
- Take it off the flame and allow it to cool slightly. Add Pistachios to the mixture. Mix to combine.
- Pour it into a baking dish and generously sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of crushed green pistachio pieces on top.
- Allow the burfi to harden for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- This decadent nutty pista burfi tastes amazing at room temperature.
How to store Pista Burfi? This decadent, nutty pista burfi tastes fantastic at room temperature. But if the weather is hot, I would recommend it storing in the refrigerator. It stays good for a week. Even after a week, this burfi taste amazingly divine.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 1mg