Looking for a Diwali sweet recipe that comes together in no time? Then look no more. Pista burfi, a delicious Pistachio studded fudge is an easy sweet treat that comes along in less than 30 minutes and tastes delicious.
The festive season has begun and tis the time to celebrate! It’s that time of the year when festivities and excitement are in full swing. People decorate their houses, make sweet treats and savories at homes to mark the celebrations.
There is a feeling of joy and merriment in the air. And to celebrate this special occasion of Diwali, I have a mouthwatering burfi recipe for you. There is something about burfis that always attracts me.
It’s there melt-in-the-mouth kind of soft and creamy texture that forever gets to me.
What is a Burfi!
Burfi is a milk solid based Indian fudge. It is a combination of simple yet flavorful ingredients that produce a lip-smacking recipe. There are many different varieties of burfis out there. Some of my favorites are –
Each one of these is a plethora of flavor for every taste bud.
How to make Pista Burfi?
This 6-Ingredient Pista burfi or Pistachio Fudge is deliciously creamy with the pleasant nutty taste of pistachios. This simple burfi recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and involves only six ingredients:
- Milk powder,
- Powdered sugar,
- Pistachio Extract, and
- Chopped Pistachios.
Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add milk powder and stir until the mixture looks crumbly.
Pour milk and mix. The mixture will come together as a soft, elastic dough. Add powdered sugar, pistachio essence and stir to combine. Keep stirring continuously, do not leave the mixture unattended at any time as it may burn.
Keep stirring, and soon the mixture will start to thicken. Take it off the flame and allow it to cool slightly. Pour it into a baking dish and generously sprinkle crushed green pistachio pieces on top. Allow the burfi to harden for 4-6 hours or overnight. Once it’s cooled, cut into squares and enjoy the pistachio speckled burfi that will melt in your mouth.
Do you like a clean cut Pista burfi?
If so, then follow this tip.
Once the burfi has cooled, run a greased knife all along the burfi in one go. The cut on the burfi gets messy when the knife is pressed up and down. Make horizontal and vertical cuts in one go. Don’t make the knife go up and down too much as it will leave you with uneven edges.
Some other tested and tried nuts that you can use!
If you or your family member is allergic to pistachios, then try the below options –
- Choco chips
- toasted coconut layer
- Mangoes…. the possibilities are endless.
This is a straightforward recipe, and you won’t be disappointed. Besides that, this burfi makes the perfect festive gift.
Be sure to check out other burfi recipes on the blog. I think they are all drool-worthy and worth a try!
Hope you like this simple recipe and give it a try. If you happen to make it, then drop me a line below. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Happy Diwali to all!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
- 2 cups Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup +2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- A pinch of Pistachio Extract or Kewra essence
- 3 tablespoons Coarsely pounded Pistachios for garnish
- Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, and add milk powder.
- Stir until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Pour milk and mix. The mixture will come together as a soft dough.
- Add powdered sugar, pistachio essence and stir to combine.
- Keep stirring continuously, do not leave the mixture unattended at any time as it may burn. Keep stirring and soon the mixture will start to thicken.
- Take it off the flame and allow it to cool slightly. Pour it into a baking dish and generously sprinkle crushed green pistachio pieces on top.
- Allow the burfi to harden for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- This decadent nutty pista burfi tastes amazing at room temperature.