Are you craving for some chatpati recipe? Here is a chatpati Vrat Aloo Chaat Recipe that follows all the norms of fasting. Fasting doesn’t mean that you have to be refrained from you favorite foods. Enjoy this quick and easy to put together chaat recipe that comes together in 15 minutes- from start to finish.
RECIPE DETAIL – Cut potatoes in cubes. Saute until brown in color. Toss them with rest of the ingredients, adjust seasoning to suit your taste buds and enjoy! It’s that simple. In this recipe potatoes can be substituted with sweet potato. There are quite a few good ways to make these potatoes.
You can either follow the method shown below or you can deep fry the potatoes until crisp and crunchy. Other way would be to apply some oil to these potatoes cubes and place them on a baking tray and bake @350 degree F until crisp and brown. Vrat Aloo Chaat Recipe
DISCLAIMER – If you do not consume a particular veggie or spice during Navratri , feel free to leave that out and follow your family vrat guidelines.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Vrat Aloo Chaat Recipe
- 4 medium Potatoes or Sweet Potato ,cubed
- 1.5 tablespoon Oil/Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice or Amchur Powder (omit if you don't eat in vrat)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves (omit if you don't eat in vrat)
- 2 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds (powdered)
- Salt to taste (Vrat salt - Saindha namak)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves - to garnish
- Peel, wash and cube potatoes.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- In a pan heat oil/ghee. Add potatoes.
- Saute until potatoes are brown in color and tender.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl, add rest of the ingredients, toss and..
- Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro leaves. Adjust spices to suit your taste buds.
- If you prefer you can add green chutney and curd, sprinkle some red chili powder and enjoy!!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.