Sharing with you a super-easy, make-ahead appetizer that you can prepare ahead of time. These bite-size Veggie Pinwheels Party Appetizer are great as a finger food and are super addictive.
Holiday season is upon us and it’s the time of the year when our calendars are filled with parties, family celebrations and get togethers. I love to host dinners but when it comes to planning a party, the first thing that crosses my mind is – APPETIZERS!! I have a pretty simple and ultimate Veggie Pinwheels Party Appetizer recipe that I like to make and I guess it has become my holiday tradition now. 🙂
RECIPE DETAIL – This recipe is divide in two parts – preparing the dough and stuffing. If PUFF PASTRY SHEETS are available in your area, use that and it will save you a lot of time but if not, follow the step by step recipe below to prepare the dough.
The best part of this dough – you can make it ahead of time and freeze until you need it. Later thaw and use as stated in the recipe.
Stuffing is pretty easy to make. Just a few basic ingredients right of your pantry/refrigerator – mix them up together and sauté until soft and tender. I have saved bell peppers/capsicum for the last, as it adds extra flavor and crunch to every bite.
One last thing – once you have cut the dough log into pieces, set it on a baking sheet and place it in the fridge, bake just before your guests arrive. This holiday season try these crowd-pleasing finger food and I promise it’s going to be a hit among your friends!
Also try other appetizers – Chana dal Seekh Kebab, Paneer kathi rolls, Chickpea salad, Papad katori chaat, Katori chaat, Ram ladoo (gulgulle), Stuffed aloo tikki, Macaroni cups, Paneer tikka without oven.
Veggie Pinwheels Party Appetizer
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoon Instant yeast
- 1.5 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1/4 cup Oil or Butter
- 1-2 tablespoon All purpose flour - to finish the dough
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR STUFFING
- Assemble all the ingredients for the dough.
- Mix all the ingredients to a bowl and...
- Knead a soft pliable dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and set it aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Skip the above process of kneading the dough if you have puff pastry available in your area. Follow package instructions to work on the sheets, than follow the recipe step by step recipe below.
PREPARING THE STUFFING
- Meanwhile prep up ingredients for the stuffing.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and saute until onions are translucent. Mix in mashed potatoes.
- Add all the spices and mix it well. Adjust spices according to taste. Take it off the flame and mix in red and green capsicum.
- Allow it to cool down completely.
- After 30 minutes dough had all risen.
- Dust your counter with some flour..
- Add dough and give it a smooth finish.
- The dough is now ready to be worked up.
- Divide it into two equal parts.
- Shape the dough into round, smooth balls.
- Take one of the dough balls, dust it with flour and..
- Roll the dough into a rectangle. If you like you can trim the corners and give it a rectangle look.
- Sprinkle cheese on top...
- Either you can keep the potato stuffing in one corner and roll.
- Or you can spread the mixture all over the dough, sprinkle some cheese, green onions and...
- Start rolling the dough like a log.
- Keep rolling the dough tightly until you have a log.
- Apply some water and seal the ends. Repeat the process with the other dough ball.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven @ 375 degree F. Unwrap the chilled dough and cut it into nice rounds.
- Cut dough circles are ready.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn them halfway through the cooking time.
- Depending on the oven cooking time vary. Some may take longer to cook.
- Best part is you can
- Serve them hot with chutney of your choice.