End your mid-week cravings with this extremely flavorful and delicious Spicy Tofu Stir Fry Recipe. A healthier version of your favorite take-out dish! Vegan and Vegetarian recipe.
I must admit that the younger me never liked tofu. Its squishy texture and lack of flavor would make me lose my appetite. But with time, I ventured into cooking tofu my own way and I must say my ‘tofu’ journey so far has been very successful. I love the way tofu takes on the flavor of the ingredients it’s cooked with and adds flavor, protein and deliciousness to almost any recipe. Consider yourself warned, this Spicy Tofu Stir Fry Recipe will SURELY make you drool !
When it comes to quick and healthy dinner options, stir-fry rules my house. This stir fry is one of those comfort foods that comes together in 30 minutes and tastes wonderful. Once a week, stir-fries are a staple in my house. What can I say about this recipe –
- It’s spicy
- Flavorful, has lot of texture
- Perfectly spiced
- Comforting, filing
- And not mushy at all.
Now, onto the recipe!
Before you begin, make sure you press tofu and squeeze out all the excess liquid. Dust with cornflour – spice mixture and pan cook until golden and crispy.
Once tofu is done, the next step is pretty easy. Cook veggies until they are tender-crisp, add sauces, cornflour mix, tofu and mix until well blended. Garnish with spring onions and serve. Pair it with some steamed white rice for a complete meal tonight.
Since it was quick fix, I had prepared this stir fry with whatever veggies I had on hand. But feel free to experimenter and add veggies of your choice and make this dish more colorful, crunchy and delicious.
Give this Spicy tofu stir fry a try and I am sure even tofu-haters will come around for a second serving. If you happen to make this recipe then either leave a comment below or share your yummy picture(s) with me on facebook.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Spicy Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2-3 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Brown Sugar or Regular sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch/Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 8-10 pieces of red chili peppers or use 1 medium red bell pepper
- A handful of Green beans (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2-3 stalks of Chopped Green Onions
- Remove tofu from whey. Press and drain all the whey.
- Cut tofu in cubes.
- Assemble ingredients listed under - tofu preparation.
- In a plastic bag, add all the ingredients.
- Add tofu.
- Seal the bag and toss all the ingredients together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add tofu.
- Pan cook until golden and crispy.
- Remove and set it aside.
PREPARING THE SAUCE
- Assemble ingredients for sauce.
- Other ingredients.
- Combine brown sugar and soy sauce together in a bowl and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Likewise, combine cornstarch/cornflour in 3 tablespoon water and mix until dissolved. Set it aside.
- Wash and pat dry chili peppers.
- Slice them.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add red chilies and cook for a minute. Once your chilies or veggies are perfectly tender-crisp,
- Add sesame oil.
- Pour in soy sauce-sugar mixture.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Add cooked tofu to the pan.
- Pour in cornflour and mix.
- Stir constantly because the sauce will thickens up fast. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Take it off the flame. Garnish with green onions.
- This stir-fry reheats pretty well. Sprinkle some water and allow the dish to sizzle, stirring gently. When hot remove from flame,
- Serve it over a bed of warm rice and enjoy!!