Planning a morning brunch – try cooking in slow cooker, add everything to it a night before, set the timer and in the morning you will have your brunch ready – add tadka/tempering, adjust spices and enjoy quality time with your family..now that sounds good and promising and believe me it is. Noting like, waking up to your meal half cooked for you. 🙂 It took me time to adapt to the slow cooker version of matar/matra, when cooking on cooktop (matar kulcha recipe)is comparatively fast and easy. But once I tried it, I was amazed at the results – no more mushy matar.
Made traditionally, these beans require 3-4 hours of soaking time followed by cooking on a low heat until matar are soft and tender. But now soaking is no longer required as slow cooker takes care of this step. Read all about slow cooker here.
RECIPE DETAIL -Wash matar and add it to the slow cooker along with salt, set the timer. After 3 hours mater will start to become soft, let it cook undistured and matar will be done in desired time. Later mix in spices and finish the dish by adding chopped onions, tomatoes topped with tangy chutneys.
Advantage of using slow cooker for this recipe is that it allows the matra to stew slowly without disintegrating. In slow cooker, matra/matar are cooked to a point where they are soft, blended but still have a little shape left to them.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Slow cooker Matra ki chaat
- 2 cup Matar or white peas or white Vatana
- 5 cups Water
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Chutney
- 1/2 cup Tamarind Chutney
- 1 medium Chopped green chili
- 1-2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder to sprinkle on top
- 2 tablespoon Gram flour sev to sprinkle on top
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala - to sprinkle on top
BOILING MATAR IN SLOW COOKER
- Assemble ingredients. Wash matar and transfer it to the slow cooker.
- Add water..
- Add salt.
- Cover and let it cook undisturbed for 8 hours on HIGH.
- Assemble all the spices.
- Matar all cooked.
- Mix in all the spices, adjust salt and..
- Matar is ready for chaat.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Generously sprinkle chopped onions on top...
- Drizzle 1 - 2 tablespoon of tamarind chutney...
- Drizzle 1 - 2 tablespoon of coriander chutney...
- Add chopped tomatoes. and green chilies..
- Add red chili powder and chopped cilantro leaves..
- Generously sprinkle some sev...
- Final step drizzle some more chutney on top..
- Sprinkle sev at the last minute just before serving, or else it will turn soggy, loosing its crunch. You can spice up the chaat as per one's taste.