The name itself describes this recipe – Green Chutney for chaats. Indian chaats and savory snacks are incomplete without this flavorful, tangy & delicious chutney. Cilantro- mint leaves combined with spices creates a lip smacking and a perfect dip. Best part no cook time required and can be prepared in few minutes.
Chaat chutney can be prepared with just cilantro leaves if no mint on hand. This chutney when paired up with tamarind-dates chutney is a great topping for aloo tikki chaat, ram ladoo chaat, chatpati cone chaat and katori chaat. These two chutneys are the key ingredient in Indian chaats. Along with tamarind – dates chutney, green chaat chutney has a permanent place in my refrigerator. A versatile chutney that works great on pulaos and parathas too. Kids love to top their bread slices with this chutney and enjoy as an evening snack.
Can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days (if it stays that long). A refreshing chutney that can be enjoyed over dahi vada recipe or can be used as a side dish to any Indian meal.
Green Chutney for chaats
- 1 small bunch of Cilantro leaves (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint leaves
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 pieces of Green Chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice (adjust as per taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili powder (adjust as per taste)
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash cilantro leaves.
- Wash and trim Mint leaves.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Add everything to a blender/mixer.
- Blend to a smooth paste. Adjust spices.
- Serve as a side along with your savory snack.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.