Beautifully moist blueberry pound cake that is hearty and requires only a few ingredients to prepare!! A perfect combination of blueberry and cream cheese that turn onto a tender, moist cake.
The new year is around the corner, and I am all set to make a super moist blueberry cake recipe that is loaded with the sweetness of fresh blueberries and is bursting with flavor!!
Sound d-licious.. isn’t?
It indeed is, a perfect one-bowl blueberry cake recipe – toss, mix and bake.
Kid’s love to bake and mix things so invite your kid’s into the kitchen for a bake date.
My boys were all over the kitchen preparing the batter with me. Best part, folding blueberries into the mixture as they got to toss some into their mouth.
The most challenging part was waiting for the cake to bake. Well, it’s not their fault, the house smells deliciously beautiful with the smell of cake baking in the oven – it’s so intoxicating, and no one can resist that smell!
Once out of the oven this cake was enjoyed with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
Happy mommy!! Happy kids!! Messy kitchen.
What makes up this Blueberry Cake?
A simple cake recipe that requires no fancy ingredients. Few basic things about this cake –
- To prevent the batter from turning blue, toss blueberries in a tablespoon of dry flour. Follow this simple trick, and you will taste blueberries in every bite you take. This will absorb some of the liquid released from the fruit preventing it from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Gently fold in the coated blueberries into the batter. This will prevent blueberries from bleeding into the batter.
- To avoid eggy taste in cakes, add eggs one by one. Make sure the first one is blended well into the mix before the second eggs go in.
- Feel free to substitute butter with oil.
- Frozen blueberries can be used instead of fresh ones but remember to coat them in flour before adding to the batter to avoid sinking.
- I have made the same cake using a mixture of raspberries and chopped strawberries, and it tastes divine.
A perfect tea time cake that is dense in texture but on the same side it’s super moist. Play around with various kinds of berries for a more flavorful loaf. Give it a try and ring in your New Year with this sweet treat!!