Beautifully moist blueberry pound cake that is hearty and requires only a few ingredients to prepare!! A perfect combination of blueberry and cream cheese that turn onto a tender, moist cake.
The new year is around the corner, and I am all set to make a super moist blueberry cake recipe that is loaded with the sweetness of fresh blueberries and is bursting with flavor!!
Sound d-licious.. isn’t?
It indeed is, a perfect one-bowl blueberry cake recipe – toss, mix and bake.
Kid’s love to bake and mix things so invite your kid’s into the kitchen for a bake date.
My boys were all over the kitchen preparing the batter with me. Best part, folding blueberries into the mixture as they got to toss some into their mouth.
The most challenging part was waiting for the cake to bake. Well, it’s not their fault, the house smells deliciously beautiful with the smell of cake baking in the oven – it’s so intoxicating, and no one can resist that smell!
Once out of the oven this cake was enjoyed with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
Happy mommy!! Happy kids!! Messy kitchen.
What makes up this Blueberry Cake?
A simple cake recipe that requires no fancy ingredients. Few basic things about this cake –
- To prevent the batter from turning blue, toss blueberries in a tablespoon of dry flour. Follow this simple trick, and you will taste blueberries in every bite you take. This will absorb some of the liquid released from the fruit preventing it from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Gently fold in the coated blueberries into the batter. This will prevent blueberries from bleeding into the batter.
- To avoid eggy taste in cakes, add eggs one by one. Make sure the first one is blended well into the mix before the second eggs go in.
- Feel free to substitute butter with oil.
- Frozen blueberries can be used instead of fresh ones but remember to coat them in flour before adding to the batter to avoid sinking.
- I have made the same cake using a mixture of raspberries and chopped strawberries, and it tastes divine.
A perfect tea time cake that is dense in texture but on the same side it’s super moist. Play around with various kinds of berries for a more flavorful loaf. Give it a try and ring in your New Year with this sweet treat!!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Blueberry Cake Recipe
- 1 cup All purpose flour + 3 tablespoon
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 medium Eggs
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Assemble dry ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Sifting helps to combine the flour with dry ingredients like baking powder. Set it aside. SAVE 1 TABLESPOON DRY MIX TO COAT BLUEBERRIES.
- Dust the blueberries with saved flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- This is what the coated blueberries will look like - all cloudy.
- Assemble wet ingredients.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Add flour to the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Cream butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy. Mix in cream cheese and cream till it is well blended with rest of the ingredients.
- Add eggs one my one and keep mixing. To avoid eggy taste in cakes, add eggs one by one. Make sure the first one is blended well into the mix before the second eggs goes in.
- Add blueberries to the flour mix and using a spatula fold in gently. Don't whisk the mixture at this point as blueberries will break apart releasing all the juices into the cake mixture - turning it blue. Grease a baking pan with butter.
- Transfer cake batter to the pan and bake it at 350 degree F for 45 minutes. Before placing it in the oven, run a knife in the batter in a zigzag manner - this will pop all the bubbles and help in the rising of the cake. Bake till cake is evenly brown and crisp.
- To check if the cake is done, carefully insert a small knife inside the cake - it should come out clean.
- Transfer the baked cake to a wire rack and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled carefully turn it upside down.
- Cut wedges and enjoy this super moist deliciously yummy cake.
- Truly a magnificent cake!!