Besan laddo, an irresistible sweet is prepared with chickpea flour (besan), sugar, cardamom, ghee and nuts. As the weather starts to turn cold, I make a huge batch of ladoos and store it in airtight containers. They are my kids favorite and during school days it’s their morning snack with milk. Kids leave early in the morning so they have don’t have a big appetite, all they need is a quick and filing munchies – and these ladoos come in handy. 🙂 But today I am preparing these ladoos for Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. Whether be Diwali, Raksha Bandhan, Holi or any Indian festival besan ladoo top the chart as an all time favorite festive sweet.
RECIPE DETAIL – To get this recipe right just follow some simple steps.
- Roast the chickpea flour until its aroma fills up your kitchen.
- When besan is fully roasted, take the pan (kadai) off the flame and then add sugar.
- Use superfine sugar only.
- If your mixture is runny and ladoos are not shaping well. No worries, allow it to sit for an hour and then try shaping them.
- Adding nuts of your choice and that will make your ladoos more tasty and healthy recipe, especially in winters.
- To add an extra crunch to my recipe I like to add roasted sooji to these ladoos.
This festive season enjoy these homemade ladoos at home. Enriched with flavor besan laddoo are undeniably the most popular dessert prepared during festive months.