Besan laddo, an irresistible sweet is prepared with chickpea flour (besan), sugar, cardamom, ghee and nuts. As the weather starts to turn cold, I make a huge batch of ladoos and store it in airtight containers. They are my kids favorite and during school days it’s their morning snack with milk. Kids leave early in the morning so they have don’t have a big appetite, all they need is a quick and filing munchies – and these ladoos come in handy. 🙂 But today I am preparing these ladoos for Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. Whether be Diwali, Raksha Bandhan, Holi or any Indian festival besan ladoo top the chart as an all time favorite festive sweet.
RECIPE DETAIL – To get this recipe right just follow some simple steps.
- Roast the chickpea flour until its aroma fills up your kitchen.
- When besan is fully roasted, take the pan (kadai) off the flame and then add sugar.
- Use superfine sugar only.
- If your mixture is runny and ladoos are not shaping well. No worries, allow it to sit for an hour and then try shaping them.
- Adding nuts of your choice and that will make your ladoos more tasty and healthy recipe, especially in winters.
- To add an extra crunch to my recipe I like to add roasted sooji to these ladoos.
This festive season enjoy these homemade ladoos at home. Enriched with flavor besan laddoo are undeniably the most popular dessert prepared during festive months.
- 2 tablespoons Ground Pistachios
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee, besan, and keep stirring. Keep stirring on a medium- low flame till the color of besan changes to slightly dark brown. One could easily tell the difference as that smell will fill up your kitchen. Whole cooking process will take 30 minutes.
- At this point add eliachi powder….
- Add nuts….
- And mix it well. Take it off the flame.
- Allow it cool down for 15 minutes and then add sugar.
- Mix well. The mixture will start to get thick. Keep mixing till all the sugar is well blended.
- Start shaping ladoos and decorate them with almonds and pistachios.
- These ladoos can be stored in an airtight container for a month (only if they last that long).
- Enjoy yummy ladoos every morning with a cup of warm milk.