Planning to make a quick n easy sweet for the festival season? Then enjoy my version of Paneer burfi which is delicious, rich, super yummy and will just melt away in your mouth.
Looking for a last minute festival sweet then you have landed at the right place. Paneer Burfi is one of the easiest sweets you can prepare during any Indian festival.
My version of paneer burfi is simple and uses just 3 basic ingredients.
As a bonus – if you have a block of store-bought paneer sitting in your refrigerator than it’s a NO COOK BURFI.
Yes.. you heard me right, this burfi can be prepared with store bought paneer too. I will talk about that later in the post.
Paneer + powdered sugar + milk mawa powder is all you need for this recipe.
Prepare paneer as stated below in the recipe. Allow it to sit undisturbed for 30 minutes to an hour. After the desired time, unwrap paneer and knead until smooth. For this recipe, we need just 2 cups of paneer and make sure it has no moisture in it.
Please use dry milk mawa powder for this recipe. If you plan to use fresh mawa then – cook the mixture of mawa and paneer on a low flame until it forms a soft dough.
Substitute for Mawa!
Use Nestle everyday milk powder or Amul milk powder.
Only difference – milk mawa powder is grainy in texture and Nestle everyday milk powder or Amul milk powder are smooth and powdery in texture. Binding everything together will be a piece of cake with dairy milk powder.
- Why use milk powder? – Dry milk/mawa powder will soak all the moisture from paneer and make it easy to work with. Combine all the three ingredients together to form a dough. If need be, extra milk mawa powder can be added, just adjust the sugar level.
- Please use powdered sugar for this recipe.
- If the mixture feels dry and difficult to bind, add few drops of milk and bind.
- You can even shape this burfi as pedas and enjoy.
Making Paneer Burfi with Store-bought Paneer!
- Soak paneer in hot water for 20 – 30 minutes.
- After the desired time, remove from water and pat it dry.
- Crumble paneer into small granules and knead until smooth.
- Follow recipe from STEP 4. Make sure the burfi mixture is smooth and well kneaded.
- Set in tray, cool and enjoy!!
Looking for more sweet recipes, try out –
This festive season pamper your loved ones with paneer burfi and if you happen to make it then drop me a line below. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.