Rich, creamy, and No-Cook Mango Popsicle or Mango Bar are super easy to make and are a perfect treat to beat the summer heat!
With summer right upon us, it’s time to enjoy all our favorite frozen treats! And what could be better than homemade popsicles that are a perfect treat to beat the summer heat? No Cook Mango Popsicle or Mango Bar
I love mangoes as they remind me of summers and today’s recipe – No Cook Mango Popsicle or Mango bar is inspired by our childhood favorite mango bar or mango dolly. Back then, I could eat these bars/popsicle all day long and one was never enough for me. They were so good and mango flavor makes it all the more refreshing and delicious.
Popsicle goes by many different names, some call it ice pops, some ice dollies and my cute little niece calls it ice lollies. Well, whatever you call them, ice cream on a stick reminds of endless childhood memories!
What I love about this recipe –
- Super easy to make
- Uses only 6 ingredients
- Requires no cooking at all and
- Is homemade. That is so much better than the store-bought ones, as you control what exactly goes in them.
My family just love them – deliciously creamy and has an incredible melt-in-your-mouth texture.
Now onto the recipe!
Prepare the vanilla ice cream as shown below. Before advancing to the next step, make sure the homemade whipped cream is light and fluffy. Pour milk and mix it slowly. DO NOT whisk it. Pour in your favorite ice cream molds and freeze overnight.
One word of advice –
- use wooden Popsicle stick as they hold the ice cream pretty well.
- Use sweet mangoes for this recipe. The mangoes that I had had a slightly sour taste to them so had to opt for a store-bought mango puree.
Now, this is a secret that I learned from a chef –
- Add melted white/milk chocolate to the mango pulp.
- White/milk chocolate adds a rich and special flavor to the mango pulp and it freezes well.
- These bar needs to be dipped twice in the mango-chocolate mix to attain a dark orange color.
Freeze your popsicles for another 3-4 hours! After the desired freezing time, give it a second dip, and freeze. They are ready!!
So, what are you waiting for? Do give these this rich and decadent frozen goodies a try and impress your family. Taking this recipe to Sonal Gupta’s Semi-homemade collective.
Do check out visit her blog for some delicious recipe collection and her latest post on All Natural Strawberry Kiwi Popsicles. Made with real fruit – yum and delicious!
If you happen to make this recipe, then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
No Cook Mango Popsicle or Mango Bar
MAKING OF ICE CREAM
- Assemble ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and powdered sugar.
- Keep whisking until it is light and fluffy. This is homemade whipped cream. You can also use a hand blender or stand mixer to make homemade whipped cream.
- Add salt.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add milk.
- The mixture will become thick and creamy. Mix it well. DO NOT whisk.
- Pour in ice cream molds and freeze overnight.
- Frozen ice cream Popsicle. Please use a wooden popsicle stick as they hold the ice cream pretty well.
- I have used store-bought mango pulp for this recipe.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave, mix, and heat again for 30 seconds until it's fully melted.
- Add this to the mango pulp and whisk it well. Allow it to cool completely.
- Remove ice cream from its mold. Make sure the popsicle is well set and firm before dipping it in the mango pulp.
- Dip ice-cream popsicle in mango pulp and coat it well. Freeze the popsicle for 2-3 hours. Repeat the process with the rest of the popsicles. The popsicle/bars were set on a Styrofoam base to freeze.
- Once the first layer has set, take the frozen popsicles out from the freezer and give them a second dip in the cooled mango-chocolate mix. Set the mango-dipped popsicle on a styrofoam board and then transferred it to the freezer to freeze for another 2-3 hours.
- Ice cream popsicles/ bars are ready.
- Take a bite and enjoy!! Do try this rich and decadent frozen goodie that will cool you and your family off this summer!