No Bake Healthy Energy Bites are prepared with 4 basic ingredients and is prefect as a school snack or for breakfast. Vegan and gluten-free power packed protein snack!!
Don’t you just love energy bites? It takes minutes to prepare and are loaded with nutrients. I prefer to have these healthy energy bites on hand, it’s a great alternative to salty and sugary snacks. My stock of no bake apricot energy bites is coming to an end and before I run out of these healthy treats, I am all up for making a fresh batch of no bake healthy energy bites.
What I love about these bites:
- No sugar added, naturally sweet
- Easy to make and no cooking required
- On-the-go – munchies
- Healthy, nutritious and full of flavor
- Freezes beautifully
- And not to forgot, they are very addicting!
My kids love almonds and this would be a perfect recipe for them to try. I believe that children learn through experiment and kitchen is an ideal place to do that. The best part they get to eat these sweet treats right away. 😉
For this recipe, I have blanched the almonds. But feel free to use them as is, with skin. Every morning in the winters, my whole family eats soaked and peeled almonds. It is believed that overnight soaked almonds are good for brain. It improves memory and sharpen cognitive abilities. Soaked almonds are a good source of antioxidants too.
Avery adaptive and straightforward recipe. Toss everything in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients breaks down into a dough like mixture. Roll them into balls and enjoy! It’s that simple.
Give these healthy sweet treat a try and I am sure you are going to love them. If you happen to make this recipe, drop me a comment or share your pics with me on Facebook. I would love to see your creation and would be happy to answer any questions. Thanks!
No Bake Healthy Energy Bites
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- To blanch almonds - boil water in a pan. Once it starts boiling, take it off the flame.
- Pour boiled hot water on almonds and let the almonds soak for 1-2 minutes. After the desired time, drain water and transfer almonds onto a clean cloth and pat them dry.
- Almond skin will look all wrinkly and swelled. Peel the skin.
- Blanched almonds.
- Toss everything in a food processor along with blanched almonds.
- Pulse on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until the mixture breaks down into a cookie dough-like mixture with small sized pieces of almonds.
- Roll them like balls. Store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container and is good for 4-5 weeks.
- Make a batch today and I am sure you’ll love it!