Mini Custard- Choco bowls,the name itself is self-explanatory. A classic yet simple dessert made with mini shells filled with thick custard-chocolate pudding and for the finishing top it up with whipped cream and chocolate chips. Had very little time on hand before my hungry gang comes home from their daily routine, want to surprise them with some quick and easy after dinner dessert.
Prepared with simple ingredients that I had in my pantry and fridge- under 30 minute recipe. Mini dessert bowls are so tiny and light that they will just melt in your mouth. Custard and chocolate filling compliment each other and the best part is the mini bowl stays crusty and flaky making it altogether a delicious combination.
These desserts can be made with pie crust and even puff pastry sheets. Take a muffin pan, thaw the pie crust, cut it into a circle that perfectly matches your muffin pan.Bake it as per package instructions, allow it cool down completely before filling in custard topping.
Also custard filling can be substituted with homemade custard- just make it thick. Fill up the bowls and garnish with whipped cream topping, fruits, cake sprinkles….anything.
Any kind of cookie crumbs can be used to top these bowls. The bowls itself are very crunchy and flaky, adding cookie crumbs just add that extra flavor and crumbly texture to all that creamy pudding taste. Sprinkle them generously..Enjoy these mini bowls that are not only delicious but super fun to make. Keep experimenting with the toppings, who knows you may end up with a better combination. In continuation to my earlier posts – Mexican veggie bowls and Spicy Paneer filled mini bowls.
Custard Filled bowls
- 12 bowls of Phyllo/Fillo mini shells
- 1 box of Jello Pudding mix (Milk is required in preparation)
- 1 box of Jello Chocolate Pudding mix (Milk is required in preparation)
- 2 tablespoon Cookie crumbs (any kind)
- 2 tablespoon Whipped cream topping
- 12 pieces of Chocolate chips
- Set Phyllo/Fillo mini shells on the counter top.
- Using a plastic bag crush cookies with a rolling pin.
- To make chocolate filling follow the directions on the package.
- Likewise prepare the custard pudding. Both the pudding should be of thick dropping consistency.
- Layer the mini bowls with thin chocolate pudding.
- Top it with custard pudding and place them in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Generously sprinkle cookie crumbs on top of custard layer.
- Finish it off with whipped cream..
- And finally top it with chocolate chips.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.