It’s summertime here and what’s better than a homemade Pineapple Mango Piña Colada that is not too overly sweet and coconutty! Making Piña Colada at home is a breeze. You only need a little time and a handful of fresh ingredients to prepare this thirst-quenching summer drink. A delicious non-alcoholic tropical drink that tastes great at any party or get-together. Don’t forget to make a big batch because it tends to disappear quickly.
What is Piña Colada?
The term Pina Colada means “strained pineapple,” which is freshly pressed, and a sweet rum-based cocktail is prepared with coconut cream, fresh fruits, strained pineapple juice, and crushed ice. It is served in a hurricane glass garnished with a maraschino cherry and pineapple wedge.
Did you know: Since 1978, Piña Colada is the national drink of Puerto Rico.
In today’s recipe, I have omitted the rum, and it’s a Virgin Piña Colada. To make this non-alcoholic drink, all you need is a few essential ingredients, five minutes of your time, and a strong blender. Just blend and enjoy. Close your eyes and sip, and you might be able to hear the ocean waves crashing around you.😊
Ingredients required to make this Pineapple Mango Piña Colada!
Difference between Coconut Cream and Cream of Coconut!
Cream of coconut is a thick, sweetened form of coconut milk and is the most popular choice to use when it comes to cocktails. A traditional piña colada is made with cream of coconut, and therefore it tastes so sweet.
But if you prefer a less sugary piña colada than use coconut cream. It the rich and thick cream that rises to the top of the can after the full-fat coconut milk is refrigerated. It delivers the same taste and flavor minus the extra sweetness: All coconut flavor and less sugar.
Because of added sugar, coconut cream and cream of coconut cannot be substituted for each other. The piña colada made with coconut cream can be sweetened with cane sugar or honey.
For this Piña Colada drink, please use coconut cream. Refrigerate the full-fat coconut milk can for 3-4 hours. When chilled, scoop out the solid coconut cream on top and add it to the recipe.
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE MANGO PIÑA COLADA?
Here is a super easy piña colada recipe that comes together in minutes. This recipe makes 4 cups of piña colada but can be easily scaled up or down to suit your preferences.
This recipe is made in 3 parts:
- freshly squeezed pineapple juice.
- fresh mango puree.
- finally, assemble the drink.
To make this fantastic drink, all you need is a strong blender that can blend your fruits and ice well. Start by adding ice, pineapple, juice, scooped coconut cream, pineapple chunks, sugar, and mango puree into your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into tall hurricane glasses, garnish with fresh pineapple wedges, cherry and enjoy!
This piña colada recipe has a velvety texture and will deliver a unique and refreshing flavor all in one sip: it’s genuinely a tropical treat!
Health Benefits of Pineapple Mango Piña Colada!
If made with the right ingredients, this non-alcoholic drink can benefit your health. This drink contains:
- Coconut: which is low in cholesterol and is considered a good source of fiber and manganese.
- Pineapple: a rich source of vitamin C and manganese. In addition to that, pineapples are low in cholesterol and saturated fat – also, an excellent source of fiber.
- Pineapple juice: is a wonderful source for vitamin C.
- Mango: a low-calorie fruit that is high in fiber, and a great source of vitamins A and C.
- Overall, this drink is a nutritional powerhouse.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email, and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more summer drinks, try these other options!
Thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Pineapple Mango Pina Colada
- 3 cups Pineapple (peeled, cored, and cut into chunks)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Cream
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice (freshly squeezed and naturally sweetened)
- 1 cup Mango puree (fresh mango peeled, pitted, and pureed)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 3 cups Ice
- - - Fresh Pineapple Wedges
- - - Maraschino cherries
- Add pineapple chunks, mango puree, coconut milk, pineapple juice, coconut sugar, and ice to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Do the taste test and adjust sugar if needed. The amount of sugar can be adjusted depending on the sweetness of the pineapple.
- Pour into serving glasses, garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry and serve.
- Berrylicious Piña Colada – sub pineapple and mango for fresh berries you have on hand.
- Banana Mango flavor– Swab pineapple with two ripe bananas
- Coconut-ty Piña Colada – Exchange pineapple and mango for coconut cream, pineapple juice, and coconut rum.