Since it’s the Navratri week, my no onion no garlic meal planner calls for Kadai paneer tonight. A flavorful and delicious paneer dish cooked in a tomato based gravy and that too without onions. Trust me without the onions too, this dish is loaded with flavor and has a refreshing taste. Most of all its simple to cook, prepared with minimal ingredients and the flavor and aroma remains the same.
RECIPE DETAIL – Start the recipe by cutting paneer and bell pepper in cubes. Heat oil and cook tomato and tomato puree until it forms a sauce. Feel free to omit tomato puree and use 2 chopped tomatoes instead. Toss in cubed bell peppers and cook until it is soft but still has a crunch left to it. Mix in the spices, add paneer cubes and there you go – yummy kadai paneer is ready. Adjust seasonings, stir it all together and sit and enjoy kadai paneer with warm rotis. For tonight’s dinner I am going to pair it with Panchamal dal and Jeera rice.
Kadai Paneer no onion no garlic recipe
- 1/2 kg Paneer Cubes
- 1 small Capsicum/bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small Tomato, cubed
- 2.5 tablespoon Tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves - to garnish
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Wash and cut capsicum in cubes.
- Cut Paneer in cubes.
- In a kadai heat oil. Add cumin seeds and whole red chilies. When cumin starts to crackle add ginger paste and chopped tomato.
- Pour in tomato puree and saute for a minute. Add capsicum and...
- Mix in all the spices. Add 3 tablespoon water and mix.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until capsicum is half cooked. If you like you can add 2 tablespoon of cream to the tomato gravy.
- Add kastoori methi, garam masala powder and mix. Stir in the paneer pieces.
- Mix until well blended. Adjust spices and kadai paneer is ready.
- Pair it with warm rotis and dal. Enjoy!!