Tasty and delicious Gluten free Cheesy Quinoa Bites packed with veggies and protein is a perfect game day appetizer. So incredibly hearty, flavorful and delicious!Everyone loves bite-size appetizers at a party. They are the pick-me-up kind of hors-d’oeuvres that require no fork, no spoons and are so convenient to eat. Even though they are bite-sized, they are loaded with flavor and will surely impress many of your guests!
To suit your party needs, I am sharing with you my crowd-pleasing appetizer recipe today – Gluten free Cheesy Quinoa Bites. These delicious and protein-packed quinoa bites are made possible by Crystal Farms ® Block Cheese.
Gluten-free Cheesy Quinoa Bites make for a simple yet elegant eye-catching appetizer that is perfect for any occasions.
This recipe is made possible by –
Crystal Farms ® Block Cheese! Crystal Farms products are
- All natural products made with few preservatives
- They are a rich source of Calcium
- All the products are gluten-free
- And are made especially for cheese lovers!
With Crystal Farms ® cheeses you can create the most amazing hors-d’oeuvres for your next party.
How to make a Gluten-free Chessy Quinoa Bites?
The first step to make these Gluten-free Cheesy Quinoa Bites is to boil quinoa as per package instructions. Once quinoa is cooked, fluff it with a fork and set aside to cool. After that, the recipe is pretty straightforward.
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, add Crystal Farms ® cheeses and mix until it forms a dough-like mixture. Grease a mini muffin tray and spoon this mixture into each mold — Bake as directed.
Within 20-25 minutes wholesome bite-sized appetizers are ready – ideal for little kids and adults too!
These bite-sized appetizers are packed with pantry/fridge staples – fresh veggies, oats, and quinoa. But this recipe is very flexible and can be easily customized to your liking.
- I have used Crystal Farms® Mild cheddar cheese and Crystal Farms® Jalapeno & Habanero Cheese, but feel free to use cheese of your choice.
- Other veggies like broccoli, grated zucchini, chopped mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes make a great addition too.
- Want some protein? Feel free to add tofu or meat to these bites.
- An egg can be used as a substitute for a flax-seeds meal.
- Quinoa can be swapped with brown rice, couscous or millet.
These Gluten-free Cheesy Quinoa Bites is a perfect make-ahead appetizer. Assemble and bake them in the morning. Right before serving, reheat in the microwave and serve hot. It’s that simple!
These bites freeze great. Bake, cool, store them in an airtight container and freeze. When ready to serve, reheat and enjoy with ranch or a dipping sauce of your choice.
Do give this fantastic recipe a try. If you happen to make, these bites then share your comments below. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. I would love to hear from you.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Gluten free Cheesy Quinoa Bites
- 3/4 cup Boiled Quinoa
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Carrots
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic or Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Old fashioned Rolled Oats or powdered Oats
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup Crystal Farms® Mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Crystal Farms® Jalapeno & Habanero Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Oil to grease the muffin tray
- 1 tablespoon Flax seeds mixed with 1.5 tablespoon of water (or 1 egg)
- Assemble ingredients. Rinse and drain quinoa. Boil quinoa as per package instructions. Once quinoa is cooked, fluff it with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Mix flax seeds meal in 1 tablespoon of water and set it aside.
- Wash oats under cold water until soft and dry. Set it aside.
- Meanwhile, grate cheese blocks.
- Assemble the top 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the grated cheeses (Crystal Farms® Mild cheddar cheese and Crystal Farms® Jalapeno & Habanero Cheese).
- Pour in the flaxseed meal. By now it will look like a slimy, gel like material. Mix it well.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F. Grease a muffin tray and spoon 2 tablespoon mixture into each mold. I have used a mini muffin tray to bake my quinoa bites.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Depending on the oven, cooking time may vary. These bites will puff during baking but when removed from hot oven they will settle a little.
- Once baked (beautifully golden in color) remove from hot oven and set in on the counter to cool.
- Carefully run a butter knife along the edge of each muffin mold to pop out the bites.
- Serve hot. These taste great with any dipping sauce of your choice.