Hello everyone, how is your week going? Mine is okay not too good, not to bad. Good because, after a long gloomy week, sun finally decides to make an appearance. The sun is shining bright and the temperatures are rising..yay !! Bad because, I am all sniffy, sneezy, curled up in bed with a box full of tissues, some throat lozenges and my laptop – I have flu and that means plenty of rest 🙁 and soups. 🙂
So, today’s day is all about rest and blogging in bed! The recipe that I am blogging today is easy, healthy and delicious – corn and tofu kebab recipe. Perfect as a snack or for a potluck or game night. I love finger foods, whether be veggie pinwheels, spring rolls, paneer cutlets, dip, nachos, avocado rolls – I just love them and are my all time favorites.
RECIPE DETAIL – Corn and tofu kebabs are infused with carrots, corn, tofu, ginger, onion and aromatic spices. They are loaded with flavor and taste amazing. Once all the ingredients are mixed together, the mixture should feel firm and hold together. If it is sticky, add more breadcrumbs and adjust seasonings. Tofu can be substituted with paneer.
Once the mixture is ready, wrap it around the wooden skewer and cook over a cooktop or in a oven. If choosing oven, make sure the wooden skewers are soaked in water for 30 minutes before rolling the mixture on to it, or else they will burn during grilling. Cook until all crispy and golden. Be careful not to OVERCOOK it.
This amazing appetizer can be wrapped in pita bread and enjoyed as a kathi roll. These insanely delicious kebabs will appeal to every palate and leave your guest wanting for more.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Corn and Tofu Kebab Recipe
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup Tofu
- 1 small Boiled potato
- 3/4 - 1 cup Homemade breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoon Finely Chopped onions
- 3-4 pieces of Baby carrots
- 1 inch Ginger, peeled and washed
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- In a mixer or food processor add corn...
- Add tofu, carrots..
- Cilantro leaves and ginger.
- Pulse the mixture a few times until it is well grounded.
- Transfer it to a big bowl and add rest of the ingredients except oil.
- Add breadcrumbs..
- Mix it well. The mixture should feel firm and hold together. If it is sticky, add more breadcrumbs and adjust seasonings.
- Grease and take some mixture in your hands..
- Make a long roll and insert skewers..
- Keep squeezing and spreading the mixture until it hugs the skewers.
- Repeat the procedure with rest of the mixture.
- Grease a griddle/tawa.
- Place kebabs..
- Brush with oil and...
- Cook until crispy and brown from all the sides.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings and..
- Chutney of your choice.