Start your day right with a healthy bread poha recipe. It’s a perfect recipe where cubed bread slices are tossed with the onion-potato mixture and is mildly spiced. A vegan breakfast that is quick and simple enough for busy mornings!
With very little time on hand, each morning is like running a marathon- packing everyone’s lunch box, sending them to school/office and feeding them a healthy and a well balanced nutritious meal. This is my morning routine, and I bet you all are in the same boat.
To sail through the morning hour smoothly, I have my raw materials ready, and my meal plans chalked out for the next day; starting with breakfast.
Because breakfast is my most favorite meal of the day. It fuels me up and keeps my metabolism going for the rest of the day.
So, today’s I am sharing one of my go-to breakfast recipe that is easy-to-make and has subtle and pleasing flavors.
HOW TO MAKE BREAD POHA?
This is a healthy and straightforward filling breakfast recipe that comes together in 30 minutes and tastes delicious. The best part is that this recipe can be customized according to your own taste.
Start by cutting the bread into cubes. For a crispy texture, lightly toast the bread and then cut into cubes. Add oil to a pan and saute veggies until tender. Stir in the spices and mix until combined. Add bread cubes and gently toss around with the veggies.
Adjust the seasonings and serve.
Other tested and tried options are –
- try this recipe with a gluten-free bread.
- make it more colorful and flavorful by adding seasonal veggies.
- for a burst of citrus flavor, add a juice of a lemon to the cooked bread poha.
Also, try out other breakfast recipes –
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
- 7-8 pieces of Brown bread
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small Tomato, chopped
- 1 small Boiled and cubed Potatoes
- 3-4 pieces of Curry leaves
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 small Chopped green Chillies (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoon Oil
- 1-2 teaspoon Lemon Juice (to sprinkle on top)
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric OR Haldi
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder (sukha dhaniya)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Cut bread into squares. If you like you can slightly toast the bread and then chop it. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when they start to sputter add chopped onions, potatoes and saute for 1-2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add in frozen peas and saute for a minute. Finally add in chopped tomatoes and mix it well.
- Stir in all the spices..
- Mix until well blended.
- Cover and cook until veggies are tender , 3-4 minutes, if need be sprinkle some water.
- Once veggies are tender.....
- Add in chopped bread pieces.
- Mix and take it off the flame.
- Serve hot with a cup of hot tea.