Saturday and summertime what a great combination for a picnic or short trips. Plan to go on a trip and the first thing that comes to our mind is PICNIC FOOD that is quick and easy to prepare. What could be better than Tomato cucumber Veggie Sandwich – very filling tasty, healthy and full of flavor. A great summertime delicious sandwich! One of my family favorites.
I like to prepare the sandwiches right on the spot and for that I transfer the cut veggies in a separate container, butter in another and this way they taste crunchy, fresh and satisfying. Combination of cucumber and tomatoes complement each other perfectly.
FEW VARIATIONS – Very versatile sandwich; add or subtract ingredients according to your taste.
- I have used a mix of wheat and white bread but whole grain bread can also be used.
- Use flavored cream cheese instead of butter for more flavor.
- Add more raw veggies and make it a hearty veggie sandwich.
- Add sprouts to bring the perfect crunch and texture! …yummm.
- Like it toasted then toast the sandwiches.
- Onions, green chutneys, lettuce can also be added for extra crunch.
A quick and easy sandwich that totally fits the bill when it comes to eating healthy and that too vegan!! Most of the time my go-to lunchtime sandwich.