Easy to assemble vegetarian bruschetta bean sandwich- tasty and delicious way of eating beans. Soaked and boiled beans combined with chili sauce, topped with spinach leaves and loads of fat-free shredded cheese will make your taste buds crave for more. This healthy and hearty sandwiches will satisfy quick in-between-meals-snacking and is perfect for parties.
Healthy mini sandwiches are topped with spinach leaves but you can substitute shredded lettuce or whole lettuce leaves for spinach. Brushing bruschetta slices with green chutney made the flavor extra-spicy. No bruschetta bread on hand try it over regular burger buns – toast them and follow rest of the recipe below. As per one’s taste you can even make a small patty out of this bean spread, pan toast it and top your burgers with it.
Once burgers are on top of the griddle, cover them with a cover so that the heat is trapped inside and this will help the cheese to become all gooey and scrumptious, it will start to ooze out from the sides…YUM!! Crunchy and toasty on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside – what a flawless combination. Perfect little appetizers are always a hit at any game party!!
Vegetarian bruschetta Bean Sandwich
- 2 thin loafs of Bruschetta bread
- 1 cup Rajma (Red Kidney Beans)
- 1 cup Chickpea (Safed Chole)
- 2 teaspoon Red chili sauce
- 1 clove Chopped Garlic
- 2 teaspoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Onions
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Green Chutney
- 2 cup Low fat Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium Onion, sliced like onion rings
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (to brush the bread)
- Wash and clean kidney beans (rajma) and Chickpeas (chole) of the grit and dirt. Soak them for 5-6 hours. In the morning pressure cook till they are soft. If using canned beans prep time will be reduced to 20 MINUTES.
- Grind them to a fine paste. Assemble all the other ingredients.
- Thinly slice bruschetta bread.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, garlic and saute until onions are translucent. Add chickpea paste and Rajma paste.
- Stir in chili sauce, cilantro leaves and adjust the salt. It will form like a thick spread.
- Assemble all the ingredients for the sandwich.
- Brush the top and bottom side of bread with oil, apply green chutney on the inner side, evenly layer the bean spread on top of it, top it with onion rings...
- Generously sprinkle some cheese..
- Place couple of fresh salad leaves on top. I have used spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle some more cheese and top it off with the other slice.
- Heat the griddle pan, brush it with olive oil and place sandwiches over it,
- Gently press it down - no hard press, just gentle press.
- Cover the griddle or tawa with a cover and lower the flame. Allow the cheese to melt and get all gooey.
- Once evenly brown from both the sides , take it off the flame and serve.
- These mini Bruschetta sandwiches are a perfect evening snack.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.