Naturally, sweet meatless Quinoa and Black Bean Patties are packed with nutrients, fiber and ton of flavor! Easy to put together a recipe that comes along in an hour. Kids-approved, the family favorite, and an absolute delight! Apart from that Vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free too!
Is there anyone who doesn’t love Quinoa? I love quinoa in any form – whether it be a salad or a patty. More than rice, quinoa is a staple in our house. It is loaded with proteins, easy to digest and is light on the stomach too. And today’s recipe Quinoa and Black Bean Patties is enriched with a secret ingredient. Can you guess the secret ingredient?
Well keep reading, and I promise I will not keep you in suspense for long. The past week, I had published a post on Homemade mini burgers and my today’s recipe – Quinoa and black bean patties are a perfect accompaniment to them.
What makes up this Quinoa and Black Bean Patties?
Quinoa: it is an excellent option for vegetarians because it contains all the nutrients and vitamins you would get from eating meat. And above all, it’s gluten-free and vegan! The secret ingredient adds a delicious flavor and texture to these patties. And the secret ingredient is …..drumroll…..
Mashed sweet potatoes !! A surprisingly nutritious vegetable that lends an incredibly creamy texture to these patties and is downright irresistible! Easy to assemble recipe and cooking time is relatively minimal.
Combine everything in a bowl, add spices, gluten-free oats flour and mix everything. Adjust seasonings to taste and shape them like patties. Lightly oil a skillet and cook the patties on medium heat until crispy and crunchy. Serve hot with your favorite sauce or chutney.
- If not making it gluten-free, substitute oats-flour with breadcrumbs.
- If you want to make your patties spicier, add a bit more paprika and mix.
- Substitute the sweet potato for butternut squash. Compared to sweet potato, squash has more water content so add a couple of extra tablespoon of oats flour to the mix.
- The best part is these patties freeze beautifully. To freeze, wrap the patties in a wax paper and store them an airtight container.
- When ready to use, cook frozen patties in a heated skillet on medium heat until crispy and crunchy.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. ?
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Green Vegetable Burger
- Sundried tomato chickpea sliders
- Savory Pizza Muffins
- Vegan BBQ Tofu Sandwiches
Thanks for reading.?
Quinoa and Black Bean Patties
- 1 cup Boiled Quinoa
- 1 cup Boiled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Cooked Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Gluten-free Oats flour
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon Chili powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoon Cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Garlic or Garlic powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil to cook patties
- Assemble ingredients.
- And Spices.
- Rinse and drain quinoa. Combine water and quinoa in a pan. Bring it to a boil. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 12- 15 minutes. Uncover the quinoa and fluff it with a fork...
- Toss everything in a food processor/blender leaving out quinoa and oats flour.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Mix in quinoa.
- Add oats flour and mix it well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Shape into patties.
- Lightly oil a skillet and cook the patties on medium heat.
- Flip the patties with a spatula and continue to cook until crunchy and crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce or chutney.