Naturally sweet meatless Quinoa and Black Bean Patties are packed with nutrients, fiber and ton of flavor! Easy to put together recipe that comes together in an hour.
Is there anyone who doesn’t love Quinoa? I love quinoa in any form – whether be a salad or a patty. More than rice, quinoa is a staple in our house. It is loaded with proteins, easy to digest and is light on stomach too. And today’s recipe Quinoa and Black Bean Patties is enriched with a secret ingredient. Can you guess the secret ingredient?
Well keep reading and I promise I will not keep you in suspense for long. Past week, I had published a post on Homemade mini burgers and my today’s recipe – Quinoa and black bean patties is a perfect accompaniment to them.
Quinoa is a great option for vegetarians because it actually contains all the nutrients and vitamins you would get from eating meat. And above all it’s gluten-free and vegan! The secret ingredient adds a delicious flavor and texture to these patties. And the secret ingredient is …..drumroll…..
Mashed sweet potatoes !! A surprisingly nutritious vegetable that lends an incredibly creamy texture to these patties and is downright irresistible! Easy to assemble recipe and cooking time is fairly minimal.
Combine everything in a bowl, add spices, gluten-free oats flour and mix everything together. Adjust seasonings to taste and shape them like patties. Lightly oil a skillet and cook the patties on a medium heat until crispy and crunchy. Serve hot with your favorite sauce or chutney.
- If not making it gluten-free, substitute oats-flour with breadcrumbs.
- If you want to make your patties spicier, just add a bit more paprika and mix.
- Substitute sweet potato for butternut squash. Compared to sweet potato, squash has more water content so add a couple of extra tablespoon of oats flour to the mix.
- The best part is these patties freezes beautifully. To freeze, wrap the patties in a wax paper and store them airtight container.
- When ready to use, cook frozen patties in a heated skillet on a medium heat until crispy and crunchy.
Calling all quinoa lovers, give this recipe a try and if you happen to make this dish, do share your yum picture @facebook or leave a comment below. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Quinoa and Black Bean Patties
- 1 cup Boiled Quinoa
- 1 cup Boiled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Cooked Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Gluten-free Oats flour
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon Chili powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoon Cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Garlic or Garlic powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil to cook patties
- Assemble ingredients.
- And spices.
- Combine water and quinoa in a pan. Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 12- 15 minutes.
- Cooked quinoa.
- Uncover the quinoa and fluff it with a fork...
- To carefully separate the cooked grains.
- Measure oats flour.
- Toss everything in a food processor/blender leaving out quinoa and oats flour.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Mix in quinoa..
- Add oats flour and mix it well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Shape into patties.
- Lightly oil a skillet and cook the patties on a medium heat.
- Flip the patties with a spatula and continue to cook until crunchy and crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce or chutney.