Looking for a quick phalahari recipe, then give this speedy sabudana namkeen a try. During Navratri or fasting days, people consume falahari diet that consist of fruits, vegetables, dry nuts and some dairy products.
Sabudana namkeen or falahari sabudana namkeen is a quick and easy snack is an ideal fasting recipe. 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients is all it takes to create this delicious snack.
RECIPE DETAIL – Sabudana used in this recipe is different from khichdi sabudana. It’s bigger in size and after frying it becomes fluffy. This namkeen is usually a combination of fried sabudana, peanuts and thin potato wafers.
FOLLOW NAVRATRI MEAL PLANNER BELOW
Use a strainer with metal edges for this recipe. Strainer sits over a kadai full of oil and namkeen is fried in it. I have used a mandolin to cut my potato wafers. Potato sticks/wafers are cut thin and fried until crunchy and crispy. Make sure they are thin and fried until crunchy.
Fry peanut until slightly dark in color and then combine all the three in a bowl and toss with your favorite spices.
Store in an airtight container and it’s good for 2-3 weeks.Sabudana Namkeen
Also try other vrat and falahari delicacies- Tawa aloo chaat, Vrat dhokla, Vrat idli, Sabudana Ladoo, Vrat Rajgiria Puri, Sabudana Uttapam, Kuttu and Singhare ke atte ki Roti, Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana Vrat Dosa, Sama ki Tikki or Sabudana Vada and more….
- Use big size sabudaa.
- This one will not work.
- Peel, wash and thinly slice potatoes. I have used a mandolin for this purpose.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Place a strainer over it.
- Add sabudana..
- Soon it will start to fluff.
- Keep in oil until all the pearls are puffed. Taking them out too soon may result in uncooked sabudana.
- Same way fry the peanuts and potatoes. Potatoes need to be fried a little longer until crisp and crunchy. They should not be soft.
- Toss everything together in a bowl.
- Assemble all the spices you eat.
- Add spices to the fried sabudana namkeen and toss it well.
- Store it in airtight container and good for 2-3 weeks.