No cook Mini Ice-cream balls prepared with JUST 4 INGREDIENTS. You heard me right… no cooking required and an easy dessert whisked up in just minutes. Cook time mentioned is the setting time required to freeze these goodies. Plain Vanilla ice-cream whisked up with cookie crumbs, rolled in unsweetened chocolate crumbs and topped with cherries is a perfect kid’s friendly recipe. It involves all of their favorite stuff – ice-cream, cookies and chocolate – a heavenly abode what all they can ask for. Be careful this dessert is very addictive, even after repeated warnings there will be lots of licking going on behind your back 😉 .
If you prefer you can enjoy it as is or shape them into balls. Ice-cream balls have to be rock solid before you start working with them. Be quick in shaping them as the heat from our hands will make them melt away. Another option would be to freeze it in a big container, scoop out tennis ball size scoops, roll them in grated chocolate and freeze until ready to freeze. This way you don’t have to worry about them melting away – next time I am going to give this idea a try!!
Cookie crumbs used in this recipe are low in sugar – you can use any kind – Parle- G, Marie, Nilla wafers, plain butter cookies to name a few. Crushed cookies add that crunchy texture to the ice cream making it a fun twist to the regular ice-cream. Serve them in muffin cups or on a stick – this way everyone can have their individual share and opt for more.. if you have any leftovers left. Kid’s break from school – what a perfect day for them to assist me in the kitchen and they enjoyed playing around with ICE-CREAM.Whisked up an extra batch to reward my little hard workers(wink, wink.. 😉 )
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
No cook Mini Ice-cream balls
- 2 cup Vanilla Ice cream
- 1 cup Crushed cookies (any kind)
- 2 tablespoon Freshly grated unsweetened chocolate
- 12 pieces of Cherries to decorate
- Thaw ice-cream container on the counter. Meanwhile place cookies in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin crush them. In a big bowl combine ice-cream with crushed cookies- crush them up.
- Set them up in a muffin pan and freeze until firm.
- Depending on the weather setting times may vary. To get this firmness, it took me 2 hours.
- A much closer look at frozen ice-cream cubes.
- Shape them like a circle. Be quick as they will start melting because of the heat from your hands.
- Roll them in freshly grated chocolate crumbs.
- Keep rolling....
- Serve as is or top it up with cherries and freeze till ready to eat!!