Meethi Seviyan – Vermicelli Kheer can be enjoyed during any festive occasion. In fact this is my go- to recipe if I have some unexpected guests- not only it cooks up fast it’s an all time favorite classic Indian recipe. Thin threads of vermicelli are boiled with milk, sugar and dry mawa powder until well blended and tender. Mawa powder adds that richness and flavor to this recipe but if no dry mawa powder on hand; substitute it with milk powder or you can choose to leave it out entirely – will do no harm to the recipe.
This recipe/dessert can be enjoyed hot or cold. My kids like it cold so once its cooled down completely, transfer it to a container and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or until chilled. Since I have picky eaters in my house I loaded this recipe up with nuts and raisins but as per one’s preference you can choose to go easy on them.
Whether making it for a small group or a large LANGAR we have got you covered. This must-have Baisakhi recipe is quick and easy to prepare and it’s under 30 minute recipe. If making for a large group just change the serving size below from 6 to 150 or 300 and see this recipe multiply.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Meethi Seviyan - Vermicelli Kheer
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 3-1/2 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 4 tablespoon Dry Mawa Powder
- 1.5 tablespoon Yellow Raisins
- 1.5 tablespoon Silvered Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Eliachi Powder (Cardamon Powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon Saffron strands
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- In a pan heat ghee and add vermicelli to it. Saute on a medium low flame as they will burn out easily. As they start to turn light brown, lower the flame...
- Pour in the milk.
- Add in mawa powder and whisk till its lump-free.
- Mix in sugar..
- Cardamom powder and mix till everything is well blended.
- Bring it to a full boil and cook till vermicelli is fully cooked and tender. Mix in nuts and mix.
- Garnish with saffron strands and enjoy hot or cold.