My kids are headed home from their activities and to feed their hungry bellies, I have a yummy snack ready. Had some leftover idlis from last night, so thought of a healthy quick fix that is delicious, nutritious and their favorite too – Masala idli recipe.
Name sounds fancy but its a simple recipe where plain idlis get a spicy makeover. 😉 If you have leftover idlis on hand then it’s a 30 minutes recipe from start to finish !! A very versatile recipe and can be tried out with many combinations of vegetables that you like. It’s a no onion no garlic recipe but feel free to add onions.
Idlis are prepared from homemade idli mix – follow this link to a step by step guide to make Instant rice idlis.
RECIPE DETAIL – This recipe doesn’t need any introduction, it is self explanatory. Use leftover idlis for this recipe. Cut or slice them in pieces, saute veggies of your choice, add spices, mix in idlis and enjoy! Feel free to add or subtract ingredients as you desire.
Make it uniquely yours by adding some spicy sauces and tomato ketchup. Simple and delicious recipe for the morning rush.
Also try other appetizers – Chana dal Seekh Kebab, Paneer kathi rolls, Chickpea salad, Papad katori chaat, Katori chaat, Ram ladoo (gulgulle), Stuffed aloo tikki, Macaroni cups, Paneer tikka without oven.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Masala Idli Recipe
- 40-50 pieces of Small idlis
- 1 cup Thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup Thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Boiled chana dal OR Bengal Gram lentils
- 2- 4 pieces of Whole red Chilies
- 1.5 tablespoon Desiccated unsweetend Cococut
- 2 teaspoon Mustard Leaves (sarson)
- 6-9 pieces of Curry leaves
- 1-2 tablespoon Homemade Sambar powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Make regular size idlis and chop them in pieces or..
- Make penny size idlis.
- Slice Cabbage.
- Slice bell peppers.
- Assemble spices..
- Boil and drain chana dal.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, whole red chilies and chana dal.
- Saute for a minute and add all the spices. Add cabbage and capsicum and saute until soft.
- Add idlis..
- Desiccated coconut.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon of water and mix until well blended. Cover and take it off the flame. Let the idlis soak in all the flavors.
- Serve hot in breakfast or...
- Enjoy it as a snack.