Today, I am sharing a simple and sweet eggless cake that is loaded with blueberries. This is a perfect no -fuss cake recipe for potlucks, picnics and game nights and above all – it’s prepared using cake mix!! Cake mixes are fun to experiment with, back in 2015, I experimented with a yellow cake mix and it was super moist and delicious.
RECIPE DETAIL – A simple straight forward recipe that require no major prep ups. Empty the cake mix, pour in the wet ingredients, whisk until well blended, fold in the berries, transfer to a baking pan and bake – it’s that simple. I have used Duncan Hines Classic white cake mix, feel free to use yellow cake mix.
Blueberries are not in season, so I have used frozen blueberries for this recipe. Frozen blueberries will not sink to the bottom of the cake, still to be on the safe side, I coated my blueberries with a generous amount of saved cake mix flour and this way the berries were present in every bite. 🙂 Feel free to use fresh blueberries for this recipe. This batter works great with raspberries too.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Baking times and temperatures may vary depending on your oven and the type of pan you use.
Once the cake is out of the oven, give it plenty of time to cool down. Flipping a warm cake onto the wire rack may result in crumbly and broken cake (base of the cake stuck to the pan). So, for a perfect and gorgeous shaped cake, be patient – do not rush.
Soft and moist blueberry cake is ready to eat – sprinkle it with powdered sugar and enjoy a warm and delicious bite!!
Also try other eggless cakes – Eggless Butterscotch cupcakes, Eggless 7 minute chocolate microwavable cake , Eggless Red Velvet cupcakes, Eggless Box mix cake, Eggless Pineapple pastry , Eggless Cake recipe, Eggless Vanilla cupcakes, Eggless crumble cookie cake.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Eggless Blueberry Cake Using Cake Mix
- 1 box of Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Oil or Butter
- 1/2 cup Silken Tofu
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1-1/4 cups Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Assemble ingredients - Cake mix. I have used Duncan Hines Classic white cake mix, feel free to use yellow cake mix.
- Tofu and yogurt..
- Oil, milk and water..
- Frozen blueberries.
- In a large bowl, empty the cake mix..
- Sift cake mix through a strainer. Remove 2 tablespoon cake mix and save it for later. Preheat oven @350 degree F.
- Add tofu, yogurt, oil, water and milk.
- Beat the mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Until smooth and well blended.
- Dust blueberries with the saved 2 tablespoon flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- This is what the coated blueberries will look like - all cloudy.
- Sift the flour back to the batter and mix it well.
- Add blueberries to the batter and...
- Gently fold them into the batter.
- Grease a baking pan.
- Pour the batter and bake it in the warm oven for 45-55 minutes or until the toothpick comes our clean.
- Baking time may vary depending on oven temperatures and size of the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely. The warm cake is very moist and soft, do not remove the cake from its baking pan until it is completely cooled.
- Flipping a warm cake onto the wire rack may result in crumbly and broken cake (base of the cake stuck to the pan).
- Dust it with some powdered sugar, cut and enjoy a warm and delicious bite of this cake.