A really quick and easy cucumber mint dip which takes minutes to prepare. Cucumber and mint raita is a yogurt based Indian dip that can be prepared with ingredients right from your refrigerator. Whether be breakfast, lunch or dinner this refreshing side dish blends well with any course of meal. Cucumber has a cooling effect on our body. About 96% of cucumber is water and while grating all of that collects around cucumber. I usually save that water, stir in some chopped mint leaves, season with salt-pepper and drink it – it’s a wonder drink that aids digestion.
Easy, simple yet lip smacking raita that goes well with any Indian meal whether be dal or pulao. After mixing in all the ingredients let the dip sit in the refrigerator for a while and let curd soak in all the flavors. I have used thick homemade beaten yogurt for this recipe and have added 1 tablespoon of cucumber water to dilute my raita. If the yogurt you are using already has a high water content in it, then skip this part as it will make the raita runny. Squeeze out all of the water, stir in grated cucumber, add spices, mix and enjoy. For thick and creamier texture you can even use store bought curd/yogurt.
A tip – Have Mint chutney on hand – stir in 1 teaspoon of mint chutney to your cucumber raita and enjoy the amazing taste. If using mint chutney then skip adding dried mint.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Cucumber and Mint Raita
- 2 cups Beaten Curd (yogurt)
- 1 cup Grated cucumber
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon Dried mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Grated cucumber water
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel cucumbers.
- Using the biggest side of grater, shred cucumber into thin long shreds.
- Assemble all the ingredients - curd, cucumber and spices.
- Whisk curd and make it smooth.
- Add shredded cucumber..
- Mix in spices and give it a good mix.
- Adjust spices and store it in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled
- A perfect accompaniment to any Indian meal or parathas.