A blend of coriander (cilantro) leaves, yogurt and spices is a perfect accompaniment to many Indian savory dishes. Whether be samosas, pakodas, kebabs, or chaats, this chutney comes in handy. It a very versatile and flavorful accompaniment. If I need something on the side then this one is one of my favorite go-to flavors to add a zing to a dish.
Fresh cilantro mixed with yogurt, onion, garlic and spices are blended in a mixer until smooth and there you have it – a delicious chutney. It is a great complement to India street food, but seems versatile enough to use with chicken and fish.
I always have a batch of green chutney prepared in my refrigerator. This chutney can be prepared in advance and stored in refrigerator for 4-5 days. My family enjoys this chutney with nearly everything namely parathas, raitas, rice and sandwiches.
A small tip – If you add a teaspoon of olive oil to your prepared chutney, it will last longer.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
- 2 bunches Cilantro/Coriander leaves
- 1 small Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 small Green chili
- 1/2 cup Hung Curd or store bought yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Water (to dilute)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Before we begin, lets prep up our ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and grind it to a fine paste.
- Adjust your seasonings and empty it in a container. At this point you can add olive oil to your prepared chutney.
- Enjoy with Paranthas, Pakodas, Samoas, Sandwiches, and Chaats. A great complement to almost every Indian appetizer.