This homemade Chicken noodle soup is made fresh with veggies and spiced up with aromatic herbs to beat the winter chills. Nothing can beat winter than a big bowl of warm nutritious soup and chicken noodle soup is one of that kind. It’s a meal in itself – each spoon you take in is loaded with chunks of chicken shreds, egg noodles, carrots and celery which are simmered in homemade chicken stock – what all can we ask for on a blistery winter night.
This recipe calls for homemade chicken stock but if you are out of it you can substitute it with a store bought chicken stock. This soup as is provides a chock full of goodies but if you like you can add more greens to your bowl. For a speedy version of this soup you can substitute fresh veggies with a bag of frozen vegetables and this will reduce your cooking time remarkably. With stock, chicken shreds and frozen veggies ready in hand all you have to cook is egg noodles. Just toss everything together and wait till noodles are tender. Simple and classic chicken Noodle soup ready in less than 30 minutes!!
Chicken Noodle soup
- 3 cups Homemade Chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Carrots
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Celery
- 1 cup Egg Noodles
- 2 teaspoon Dried Basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon Dried dill weed
- 1.5 cups Shredded Chicken
- Let's prep up our ingredients. Chicken stock, chopped carrots, chopped celery, dried basil leaves, egg noodles, dried dill weed....
- And Shredded chicken.
- In a pan combine stock carrots, celery and boil the soup till the vegetables are just tender.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in dried spices, salt ,egg noodles and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Add chicken, mix and give it a final boil.
- Adjust the seasonings and ladle the soup into bowls and serve hot with bread sticks.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.