Baked Zucchini Fries – Crispy, tasty, super easy and above all a vegetarian recipe. An interesting twist to a so- called boring vegetable. Sliced Zucchini is dipped in thin dough, coated with seasoned breadcrumbs and baked to perfection!!
On the dinner table it’s always a unanimous call – TORI…SERIOUSLY MOM, WHO EATS THAT!! and I am like – I do, I think many of us can relate to this whining tone!! Well to make it everyone’s favorite tried the pan toasted zucchini version and it was clean plate in minutes. My bad or good- I just kept the plate in front of my kids and said – TRY OUT THESE YUMMY FRIES 🙂 . The plate was all wiped out and all that I heard was, MOM WHEN ARE YOU MAKING THOSE CUCUMBER FRIES AGAIN 😉 . My Mantra- by hook or crook I will make my kidoos eat veggies !!
These fries are absolutely fantastic. Below I have shown too method – baked zucchini fries and pan toasted fries – suit yourself. Egg whites are used to coat zucchini fries but I modified the recipe for vegetarians and substitutes it with all purpose flour liquid. Zucchini fries are totally homemade from the scratch recipe – even breadcrumbs used in the recipe are homemade. If you prefer you can use store bought breadcrumbs.
Whether be a Cricket match, Basketball game, Boy scout group, or Super Bowl these Baked Zucchini Fries are always a hit. This game season give these delicious healthy appetizers a try and please that hungry game crowd.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2-3 long Zucchini
- 2 cup Homemade breadcrumbs (shown below)
- 1 cup All purpose flour (Or use egg white)
- 2 teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder ( Use crushed garlic instead)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil (if Pan toasting)
- Let's begin with making our very own homemade breadcrumbs. Toast 3-4 breads in a toaster. Toast till they are golden brown in color. Make sure it is fully toasted from both the sides - no soft spots. Allow them to sit on a counter for 10-15 minutes till they harden. Later toss them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. If you have any lumps left, crush them using your finger. Transfer the crumbs onto a plate and let them sit for at least 30 minutes. Breadcrumbs are ready.
- Assemble all your ingredients. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Make a thin batter with all purpose flour and water. If using egg white then skip this part. Clean and wash zucchini.
- Trim the top and end part of zucchini. Peel their skin and cut them thinly into slices.
- To the breadcrumbs add salt, garlic powder, Italian herb seasoning and mix till it everything is blended.
- Dip zucchini in batter. If using egg wash - dip zucchini in egg wash...
- Toss the coated zucchini in breadcrumbs; till it is fully coated with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer it onto a baking sheet.
- All the coated zucchinis are ready to be baked.
- Place them in the heated oven and bake them for 20-25 minutes.
- They will be nicely done. Toasted and golden brown and the best part is they are very crunchy and crispy.
- Toasted Oven baked Zucchini fries are ready.
- Dip them in dressing of your choice and enjoy!! I am using Ranch dressing here.
- A closer look at these beautifully done baked beauties..YUM!!
PAN TOASTED ZUCCHINI
- Now let's try the pan toasted version. Heat olive oil in a pan, add coated zucchini fries to the hot pan. Once brown from one side turn them over using a fork. Keep turning till they are brown and crispy.
- Transfer them onto a plate and serve hot!!
- Pan roasted zucchini fries are here party people!!
- Dip, Dip, dip....in the dressing
- And rest leave everything to these munchies....let them do their job and take your taste buds for a ride.