Do you have some friends coming over and need a quick appetizer – try making avocado rolls. These rolls are so easy to put together and are extremely tasty. Today’s recipe is inspired from my favorite restaurant. On our girls night out, one of my dear friend ordered these rolls and insisted that I try them out. The taste of avocado rolls intrigued me as it was astonishingly packed with flavor and since that day I am in love with these rolls and wanted to try this recipe.
In this post, I have shown my way of making avocado rolls. The original recipe calls for sun dried tomatoes, but since I was out of it, I substituted tomatoes with bell peppers and they tasted equally good. Also, I have used homemade wrappers but to save time store bought spring roll wrappers or other sheets can be used.
RECIPE DETAIL – Hardly any prep work is required for this recipe – 10 minutes and you will have your delicious avocado rolls ready in no time. 🙂 Assemble the filling, and roll the sheets as shown below. Seal the edges with water, it keeps everything secure and works as a glue.
There are two ways to cook these rolls – one is the old fashioned and the yummiest way – fry them. The other one would be to pan toast them until crispy and brown. Cover the pan and let the rolls cook on medium low flame. This way the innermost layer will be cooked but not crisp and brown like the outer one.
Serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce – I have used hot and spicy chili garlic sauce.
SUBSTITUTE – Avocado can be substituted with finely chopped broccoli or boiled/mashed peas but you will miss out on that buttery and rich flavor that avocados give to this dish.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
- 16 -18 sheets of Homemade wrappers
- 2 whole Avocados
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped onions
- 3 tablespoon Finely chopped Yellow bell peppers
- 3 tablespoon Finely chopped Red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1-2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 - 2 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes (adjust according to taste)
- Using a sharp knife, cut the avocado lengthwise around the seed. I have used an overriped avocado for this recipe.
- Run a spoon gently all around the avocado skin and..
- Separate the avocado from its peel.
- Chop and slightly mash avocados, bell peppers, cilantro and onion.
- Toss everything together in a bowl, mix and adjust seasonings.
- Follow the link above to homemade wrappers.
- Take a wrapper, and place about 1.5 tablespoons of the filling in a corner.
- Start rolling. Now fold in the left and right side and make it look like a little envelope. Wrap in a single layer, do not overlap the layers.
- Now give it a roll and when you have a little pointy tip left...
- Apply water and pinch the side to seal the roll.
- Make sure all the sides are secure and sealed tight.
- Repeat the process with rest of the sheets.
- Heat oil in a pan. Transfer avocado rolls to the heated pan.
- Cook until evenly brown and crisp from all the sides, turning occasionally. Cover the pan and let the rolls cook on medium low flame. This way the inner layer will be cooked but not crisp and brown like the outer one.
- To cook the top and bottom part of the rolls- hold them upright with a tong and cook until brown and crispy.
- Feel free to fry them until crispy and brown.
- Cut them in halves and...
- Serve hot with the dip of your choice. I have used hot and spicy chili sauce as a dipping sauce for my avocado rolls.