Light and fluffy Apple Almond crumb muffins are a wholesome breakfast packed with fall flavors. These single-portioned muffins are speckled with bits of fresh apples and topped with an almond crumb topping. A portable and convenient on-the-go breakfast for all!
Are you rushing to work in the mornings and have no time to cook a healthy breakfast? Then these Apple Almond Crumb Muffins are just the thing. These guilt-free and just-sweet-enough muffins are bursting with warm fall flavors and simply the best.
My family loves homemade muffins, and therefore, muffins are a part of our regular breakfast rotation, always served with coffee or milk. Over the weekend, I make a big batch of muffins with different flavors, and we have the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for the whole week.
Some of our favorite muffin/cupcake flavor combinations are-
Are these Apple Almond Crumb Muffins Healthy?
Of course, they are!
Seriously they are the best muffin, packed with apple-y flavors and are sure to start your day off right!
Do you love apples and cinnamon, then you’ll love these muffins, as they’re-
- light in texture
- made with clean, simple ingredients
- rich but free from oil and butter
- perfect after-school snack
- kid-friendly, and
- no one can guess they are VEGAN!
Best of all, they can satisfy your sweet tooth without going overboard.
What makes these Apple Muffins so light and airy?
These muffins have the perfect texture as –
- Coconut oil adds softness
- Applesauce for moist and tender
- Milk helps to keep them light and
- special thanks to grated apples, applesauce, cinnamon, and apple spice for flavor!
So, why wait let’s get to baking!!
Begin the recipe by making the crumb topping. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon powder, and almonds. Mix until crumbly. Set it aside.
For these apple almond muffins, I recommend using a deliciously green Granny Smith apple. These apples are among the low-sugar, low-carb fruit and are packed with fiber. Peel, core and grate the apple. Set it aside.
Shift the dry ingredients in a bowl. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together. Finally, stir in the grated apple. Fill your muffin liners and bake for 22-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins taste great on its own. But for an extra punch of sweetness, feel free to drizzle these muffins with a sugar glaze.
How to store Apple crumb muffins?
These muffins have fruit in it – apple and applesauce. Therefore, it needs to be refrigerated.
These muffins will stay well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Unlike the standard muffins – the ones made with butter, these apple muffins will not dry even after refrigerating.
Make your breakfast time a breeze with these easy-to-make Apple Almond Crumb Muffins. It is by far my favorite! I hope you too like these Apple Almond Crumb Muffins.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, and I would be happy to answer them.
Apple Almond Crumb Muffins
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon powder, and almonds.
- Add coconut oil and mix until crumbly. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift all the dry ingredients.
- Assemble wet ingredients.
- Peel, core and grate the apple.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and finally stir in the grated apple.
- Line your cupcake tray with liners. Fill your muffin liners 2/3 with batter.
- Generously sprinkle the crumb topping on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees F) for 22-25 minutes…..
- Or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Homemade yummy muffins are ready to be devoured.
- Stays well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. (read notes above)