This recipe of crunchy, super tasty Achari masala peanuts, made with raw peanuts and healthy proteins, is easy to prepare and a delight to munch on any time of the day! With the festive season around the corner, this perfect no-fry recipe will surely be an addictive indulgence.
As a bonus, this recipe with the achari flavoring is completely customizable and can be experimented with other flavors too.
What is Achari Masala Peanuts
Achari Masala Peanuts are moderately spicy, a crispy dry snack made with raw peanuts, gorgeously coated with chickpea and spices mixture, and air-fried till golden and crisp. These are super easy snacks to prepare and go perfectly well with a hot cup of masala tea or coffee.
Being simple, you can rustle it up in a few minutes and delight your spice cravings.
This peanut masala recipe is prepared with simple ingredients and forms an exciting way to incorporate health and deliciousness into your daily diet.
Since they are baked, they are a healthier alternative to deep fried peanuts recipe.
You can serve your guests these little delights of crunchy deliciousness at get-togethers or home parties and see how they disappear within a few moments.
These Achari Masala peanuts will undoubtedly steal the show!
Reasons You’ll ♡ Achari Masala Peanuts
These masala groundnuts are perfect companions to your evening tea, but you will also love these little crispy delights for other reasons.
- A pretty straightforward recipe
- Addictively delicious
- Customizable flavorings
- Can be made in a large batch and stored for weeks!
These also make a perfect portable road-trip snack that elevates the fun of the adventure manifold.
Achari Masala Peanuts Ingredient List
Raw Peanuts — Peanuts are the main ingredient in this delicious recipe. Raw, unroasted peanuts are used to prepare this crispy snack.
Ginger powder — Adds warm and spicy notes to our recipe and a distinctive earthy punch.
Garlic — Garlic Powder incorporates a delectable pungent flavor that elevates the recipe’s taste.
Chickpea flour —An essential ingredient that helps curate this achari wonder.
Rice Flour — Added to the batter to lend crispiness to the peanuts.
Cornflour — It helps bind the ingredients together in the batter and lends crispiness to the peanuts.
Salt — Added as required.
Hing / asafoetida —Hing is added for flavor. It aids in better digestion.
Masala — Achari masala is the star ingredient that adds oodles of spicy flavors to the recipe.
Recipe tips and Variations
Use unsalted peanuts — Please use raw unsalted peanuts to make this recipe, as they make the best Achari Masala Peanuts. Additionally, you can control the salt content in the recipe.
Do not skip rice flour — Adding rice flour to the roasted masala peanuts recipe is essential as it lends surprising crispiness to the peanuts. If rice flour is unavailable, you can prepare it easily at home. Pulse 2 tablespoons of rice to its powdered form, and your homemade rice flour is ready. Yes, it is that simple!
For the best coating — Do not add extra water to the peanuts to improve the coating. Let the peanuts coat well in the dry spice mix, then splash it with 1 – 2 tablespoons of water. The besan mixture should be thick so that it sticks to the peanuts easily, forming a coating. A thin consistency batter doesn’t stick well to the peanuts and falls off quickly.
To get the fluffy peanuts — If you like the fluffy peanuts, add a pinch of eno or baking soda water and sprinkling water. Air-fry them immediately for the fluffiest and tastiest achari masala peanuts.
For spicier peanuts — To make these masala peanuts spicier, add red chili powder instead of Kashmiri red chili powder because the latter isn’t intensely hot.
Use Achari masala sparingly —Do not go overboard adding achari masala, or else it will render the masala peanuts bitter and distasteful.
Caution while air-frying — Do not touch peanuts during the air-frying time, as the spice mix will fall off, and you will end up with the baked peanuts without the crispy coating.
Baking duration — The peanuts bake perfectly crispy in about 18 to 20 minutes. Still, every Air fryer is different, and it may take a little longer or shorter period to deliver the perfectly baked peanuts. If you feel the peanuts have not reached the desired crispiness, you may keep them a little longer, 2 to 3 minutes extra. But keep a watchful eye as they may burn up quickly.
If frying the peanuts — Maintain the heat when frying the peanuts, and avoid overcrowding the pan with peanuts in a single batch. Also, do not disturb the peanuts in the initial stage of frying. Flip them once they start floating on top. If they are turned in the initial stage, the spice mix will fall off, resulting in fried peanuts without the crispy coating.
The secret to the crunchy peanuts — Frying at medium-low heat will render perfectly crispy and crunchy peanuts. But if fried at a high temperature, the masala coating will cook earlier while the peanut will remain soft.
Reach for the evenly cooked peanuts — Ensure that the clumped-up peanuts are separated before frying. This will allow even cooking. Clustered peanuts don’t cook well.
While frying or air frying — Some of the masalas will separate from the peanuts leaving you with crispy peanuts. Do not worry; you will still have plenty of masala-coated peanuts to munch.
Let me know what you think!
Aren’t these masala peanuts looking super tempting? Well, of course they are!
These non-fried, air-fryer baked masala peanuts are lip-smacking and yummy too! With the pictorial recipe guide provided below and the tips and tricks shared here, I am sure you can make the best Achari Masala Peanuts and surprise your family.
So, are you ready to dive in?
Should you make this recipe, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below. And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
HUNGRY FOR MORE FAMILY-FAVORITE RECIPES? TRY THESE-
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to make the best Achari Masala Peanuts
Achari Masala Peanuts
PREPARE SPICE MIX
- Combine besan, rice flour, cornstarch, ginger powder, garlic powder, hing, Kashmiri red chili powder, achari masala, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Add the raw peanuts to this mixture and toss until the peanuts are coated in this dry spice mix.
- Now add oil to the peanuts and mix them well so that they are fully coated with this mixture.
- Finally, add water spoon by spoon to the spice-coated peanuts. Using your hands, rub each peanut so that this masala sticks to the peanuts.
- Line the air-fryer basket with foil. Arrange the spice-coated peanuts in a single layer in the airfryer basket. Tip — For evenly baked peanuts – Do not overcrowd the air fryer when baking the masala peanuts. Air-fry them in batches so that each peanut gets enough space to cook. This ensures they get the heat evenly and crisp up perfectly during baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-7 minutes. Now carefully flip the peanuts and cook for another 4-6 minutes until the peanuts look crispy and well baked.
- Depending on your airfryer setting, peanuts may take longer to bake.
- Once the whole batch is crispy and thoroughly baked, remove it from the airfryer and transfer it to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the spice mix immediately once the peanuts are out of the air fryer.
- Hot peanuts mix well with the dry spice mix. It sticks effortlessly to the outer coating and does not fall off, giving the perfectly spiced peanuts.
- Your Achari Masala Peanuts are ready.
- Enjoy them with your evening tea or coffee.