Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup
Need a warm and comforting soup in a hurry? Then this nutritious Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato Soup is all you need. This feel-good soup is made with simple pantry ingredients, and dinner is ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Servings 4 SERVINGS
Put Instant Pot onto Saute mode. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, and ginger to the bowl. TIP - Fresh garlic works the best but feel free to use garlic powder instead.
Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices - cumin powder, red chili flakes, and salt.
Add sweet potatoes and carrots.
Stir in coconut milk.
Add Red curry paste.
Chopped cilantro leaves.
Stir everything together then pour in the vegetable broth.
Close the lid and seal the Instant Pot. Turn 'OFF' the saute mode and pressure cook the soup on 'Manual/pressure cook mode' for 12 minutes. When the time is done, Instant Pot will beep. Allow the pressure to dissipate naturally on its own (NPR).
When the pin drops, carefully open the Instant Pot and blend the cooked soup with an immersion blender. Taste for seasonings and adjust according to taste.
Serve hot topped with coconut cream, finely chopped sundried tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves.
Very adaptable Recipe!
This soup can be easily adjusted to suit your preference -
For the cooktop method-
- Like the soup spicy, then add a teaspoon of sriracha to the simmering soup.
- Feel free to add extra spices like cinnamon or rosemary to the soup.
- Veggies like zucchini or bell peppers will add extra nutrition.
- Cilantro leaves can be interchanged with fresh basil leaves.
- Sweet potatoes can be swapped with regular potatoes, butternut squash or any winter squash or even pumpkin.
- Don’t have an Immersion blender – now worries. Allow the soup to cool slightly. Now ladle the soup into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- To make sure your Thai curry paste is vegan - double check before buying. I have used Thai Kitchen Brand red curry paste, and it is vegan.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion, garlic, and ginger to it. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices, sweet potatoes, carrots, cilantro, red curry paste, coconut milk, and stock to the pan.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat to the medium setting. Allow it to simmer for 30 -35 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft and tender.
- Blend the smooth with an immersion blender until smooth.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 849mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 23725IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3.2mg